Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: A good Sunday giggle!!!

Talking A good Sunday giggle!!!

How children perceive their Grandparents......

1. She was in the bathroom, putting on her makeup, under the watchful eyes of her young granddaughter, as she'd done many times before.After she applied her lipstick and started to leave, the little one said, "But Grandma, you forgot to kiss the toilet paper good-bye!" I will probably never put lipstick on again without thinking about kissing the toilet paper good-bye....

2. My young grandson called the other day to wish me Happy Birthday. He asked me how old I was, and I told him, 80. My grandson was quiet for a moment, and then he asked, "Did you start at 1?"

3. After putting her grandchildren to bed, a grandmother changed into old slacks and a droopy blouse and proceeded to wash her hair. As she heard the children getting more and more rambunctious, her patience grew thin. Finally, she threw a towel around her head and stormed into their room, putting them back to bed with stern warnings. As she left the room, she heard the three-year-old say with a trembling voice,
    "Who was THAT?"

4. A grandmother was telling her little granddaughter what her own childhood was like. "We used to skate outside on a pond. I had a swing made from a tire; it hung from a tree in our front yard. We rode our pony. We picked wild raspberries in the woods."
    The little girl was wide-eyed, taking this all in. At last she said, "I sure wish I'd gotten to know you sooner!"

5. My grandson was visiting one day when he asked, "Grandma, do you know how you and God are alike?" I mentally polished my halo and I said, "No, how are we alike?'' "You're both old," he replied.

6. A little girl was diligently pounding away on her grandfather's word processor. She told him she was writing a story.
    "What's it about?" he asked.
    "I don't know," she replied. "I can't read."

7. I didn't know if my granddaughter had learned her colors yet, so I decided to test her. I would point out something and ask what color it was. She would tell me and was always correct. It was fun for me, so I continued. At last, she headed for the door, saying, "Grandma, I think you should try to figure out some of these colors yourself!"

8. When my grandson Billy and I entered our vacation cabin, we kept the lights off until we were inside to keep from attracting pesky insects. Still, a few fireflies followed us in. Noticing them before I did, Billy whispered, "It's no use Grandpa. Now the mosquitoes are coming after us with flashlights."

9. When my grandson asked me how old I was, I teasingly replied, "I'm not sure." "Look in your underwear, Grandpa," he advised "Mine says I'm 4 to 6."

10.. A second grader came home from school and said to her grandmother, "Grandma, guess what? We learned how to make babies today." The grandmother, more than a little surprised, tried to keep her cool. "That's interesting." she said... "How do you make babies?"
    "It's simple," replied the girl. "You just change 'y' to 'i' and add 'es'."

11. Children's Logic: "Give me a sentence about a public servant," said a teacher. The small boy wrote: "The fireman came down the ladder pregnant." The teacher took the lad aside to correct him. "Don't you know what pregnant means?" she asked.
    "Sure," said the young boy confidently. 'It means carrying a child."

12. A grandfather was delivering his grandchildren to their home one day when a fire truck zoomed past. Sitting in the front seat of the fire truck was a Dalmatian dog. The children started discussing the dog's duties.
    "They use him to keep crowds back," said one child.
    "No," said another. "He's just for good luck.."
    A third child brought the argument to a close."They use the dogs," she said firmly, "to find the fire hydrants."

13. A 6-year-old was asked where his grandma lived. "Oh," he said, "she lives at the airport, and when we want her, we just go get her. Then, when we're done having her visit, we take her back to the airport."

14. Grandpa is the smartest man on earth! He teaches me good things, but I don't get to see him enough to get as smart as him!
    Elfi
    Your mind is a garden, your thoughts are the seeds....you can grow flowers or you can grow weeds!!!

The things you do for yourself are gone when you’re gone, but the things you do for others remain as your legacy. ~ Kalu Kalu

Too cute, thanks for the giggle!
    Everyone is born right handed, only the gifted overcome it.
    I have already committed my felonies, so people don't have to worry. (Russell Means)
    I swear to you, I am guilty of only being Indian. That's why I am here. (Leonard Peltier)
    “If you can’t see a mistake from 12 feet away, it doesn’t exist, and there are no perfect quilts and that helps a lot,” .......Greg Biornstad

Out of the mouths of children! Thanks for the smiles.
    Have a great day sewing and remember to "not sweat the small stuff"!!

I enjoyed these so much thanks for posting them.
    I am too POSITIVE to be doubtful, too OPTIMISTIC to be fearful and way to DETERMINED to be defeated.

Those are cute. Thanks for the giggle!
    Debra

Darling! Thanks!

When my nephew was about 3, my sister to took him to the doctor. In an attempt to converse with him, and see how much he know of what was happening, the doctor asked him " Why did your mom bring you here today?" He replied " Because I don't drive!" A family classic!

very funny, thanks for sharing.

Blog Entries
    Thanks, a few good laughs are good for us.
    Kindness is a language which the deaf can hear and the blind see.
    mark Twain

Loved all of these, especially kissing the toilet paper good-bye!

Thanks for the giggles!

Very funny! Not a grandma yet, but passed them on to my mom, who is a grandma, and my DH. thanks for the laughs.

Quilting, crocheting, sewing and crafting in my Sewing Room...Peaceful and wonderful !!
    Special for sure !! Love the kissing the tp .. LOL thanks for sharing !! ;0)
    When Life brings big winds of change that almost blows you over.Hang on tight and Believe.
    Words and hearts should be handled with care-for words when spoken and hearts when broken are the hardest things to repair. Author unknown to me
    Do what you feel in your heart to be right; for you'll be criticized anyway-Eleanor Roosevelt

Blog Entries
    Too cute.. I sure wish that shows on like Art Linkletter when he used to ask those kids questions, it was hysterical.

Out of the mouths of babes.

Blog Entries
    These are just too funny! I never forward this stuff on because generally I don't like receiving it in my emails. But this I just HAD to share with my sisters!
    The expert's mind has no room to learn while the beginner's mind is free to know everything....

Thanks for the smiles.
    When a dying man asked his pastor "How long does it take to die?" his pastor's heartfelt reply was "A lifetime." Live life to the fullest, but stop now and then to enjoy the sunset.
    Lynda

Power Poster
    Blog Entries
    When my DGDs met DH mother they couldn't believe she was their step-great grandmother. Thought she should've been in a wheelchair. Same as their maternal gg.

Thanks for the laugh!

Blog Entries
    Those are precious. TFS
    no act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever wasted. Aesop

When my DGD was about 3 or 4, she walked up to my Mom, put her little hands on each side of Mom's face and said, "You know how I know that you are old Gramma?" Mom said, "No Amber how do you know?" And she said, "because you've got all those cracks in your face." Everyone in the room cracked up, including my Mom. Talk about out of the mouths of babes!

Blog Entries
    I needed those. Hard day at work today. You're an angel. Thank you.

Out o f the mouths of babes. lol Barb
    be happy