Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: got my hair straightened

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by amma
    I like it both ways :D:D:D
    You look good with it straight and curly!!!
    Yes, I agree! You are beautiful both ways!!

Love the new hairdo!

You are very pretty, straight or curly looks very good. I have straight hair and it seemed to get around my shoulders and would not grow anymore, when I was a young girl I would want it to grow. I gave up about 38 Yr.s ago. I told Hubby if he wanted long he could grow his long, I've had short hair ever since and he even cuts it for me now. I use to keep it permed but, quit several years ago, now I spend that time quilting. Works for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Darlene
    Girls with curly hair want straight and girls with straight hair want curly. That is the way of the world.
    I agree !!!

bad boy, billy.

Your hair is very becoming. I think it softens your face and makes you look younger.
    Keep smiling, but watch out for that Billy!

Quote Originally Posted by samroberts01
    So did you get it chemically straightened? I have thought about doing this too, but wasnt sure how it was on your hair.
    Yes I did. The product that was used and the process kept it healthy so the stylist said. And I agree that it is healthy.

Kyia

Quote Originally Posted by ToucanSam
    With me, it was more that I just wanted it smooth. I can still curl it or style it any way I want, but none of the frizz factor, even when it's rainy.
    Me too. I liked my perm but it was time for a change. My hair wouldn't lay straight even naturally that bugged me. It now is straight, smooth and soft. I am very happy with it and will do it again.

Kyia

Quote Originally Posted by samroberts01
    I would love it if I could just blow dry it, I have very thick hair and it is curly so it is a nightmare to dry and straighten it. I may just have to try these soon.
    My hair is also very thick. It takes for ever to dry naturally or by blow dryer. I love it now. So much easier to comb!

Kyia

Thank you all for the sweet posts. I like it either way too. Prolly in a few years I will want another change and perm it again, maybe cut it who knows, but I'll show you the too.

Thank you too Billy, DH likes it too!

Kyia

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyiav10
    Thank you too Billy, DH likes it too!

Kyia
    Hey what can I say I am a sucker for a hot female!!!

Thats why I married my wife LOL!!!

Billy

i started having my hair straightened when i was 14 and stopped when i was 50. (oh! did i say that?) i only stopped because it looked silly to see a 'mature' woman, almost grey, with waist long hair. braided, it looked goofier. i had it chemically done and every time i washed it i had to stretch it or flatten it as it dried. new york is a humid place. but all the time i did it, i felt pretty . i know just how you feel. now you look like you always felt you were supposed to.
    different hair, same lovely face.

p.s. i'm the short one with straight hair (next to the tall one).1963
    Attached Images Attached Images

You're pretty! I love your curly hair. Why on earth would you change it? I know...it's fun and refreshing to have a new do or style to wear, right? I always wanted straight teeth, LMBO.

Blog Entries
    Kyia,
    You are beautiful & so is your hair!! :D I really like the new straight look, but I also liked your curly look. I think you can wear it anyway you want too!!
    Cheryl
    :-) :-) :-)

Well, I think you are beautiful both ways. Having stick straight hair that refuses to hold a curl, I am always in awe of women with gorgeous curls as you have naturally. That said, I understand that it'd be a hassle to care for.

If you are happy with the new look and feel it's worth the time/money/effort, that is what matters. You're darned cute in both pics!

I LOVE your hair!!! To have such long hair, curly or straight, would be wonderful. I have always had to have short styles because I was "blessed" with such fine hair. Drats! Your hair shines as much as your eyes. Thanks for sharing.

i love the color of ur hair

It's beautiful! Coming from another with curly hair, the frizz factor is a pain. How long will that treatment last?

The last time I attempted to grow my hair long, all it did was grow out, never got any length to it. I keep it short now.

Quote Originally Posted by butterflywing
    i started having my hair straightened when i was 14 and stopped when i was 50. (oh! did i say that?) i only stopped because it looked silly to see a 'mature' woman, almost grey, with waist long hair. braided, it looked goofier. i had it chemically done and every time i washed it i had to stretch it or flatten it as it dried. new york is a humid place. but all the time i did it, i felt pretty . i know just how you feel. now you look like you always felt you were supposed to.
    different hair, same lovely face.

p.s. i'm the short one with straight hair (next to the tall one).1963

Beautiful Butterflywing!!!

Quote Originally Posted by carrieg
    It's beautiful! Coming from another with curly hair, the frizz factor is a pain. How long will that treatment last?

The last time I attempted to grow my hair long, all it did was grow out, never got any length to it. I keep it short now.

When my hair grows out it will grow the way it normally will. I think I will probably get the process done at lease once a year. My hair grows pretty fast and with in a years time I will have a couple inches of new growth. Mybe I will have to get it done sooner. I will have to see. But b/c my hair is so thick and heavy the weight will help to pull the new growth down and straight.

Kyia

You look very nice. I'm glad YOU like it.

Your hair is beautiful. You pay to have yours streightened, I pay to have mine curled. It's a crazy world!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2