Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Gotta ask this!! Are you one of these too!! >

Gotta ask this!! Are you one of these too!!

Gotta ask this!! Are you one of these too!!

Old 12-08-2010, 08:28 PM

A recent post about a recipe brings this to mind. Smoeone said they make it in a coffee cup. And some asked what size cup? I have been a diehard coffe drinker since my teens. I need coffee to function! Especially when I wake up. Mom bless her heart always warned the men in my life, don't mess with me tIll I wake up, after I have my coffee. Have no clue where she got these coffee cups for me. One is a 40oz and the other 48oz. She gave them to me one Christmas in the past. On them they say: Approach With Caution. Only Grumpy and Nasty Are Available ! Sweetness and Smiley Appear !! And Are Available When You See The Bottom Of This Cup!!! Yes, Mom really knew me!
Old 12-08-2010, 08:34 PM

I packed them away after a while , cause people kept trying to take my cups .But more then once when hubby tried to talk to me while trying to wake up, I would point to the cup and make him read it.

I used to be, but since I've had my kids if I have just half a cup I turn into psycho b***h from hell!! I can drink all the soda I want but just no coffee! And I was really beginning to like that iced coffee stuff! :-(

I've gotta have my tea in the morning and I have lots of mugs being a retired teacher. I've also collected holiday mugs and cups from places we've visited while on vacation. Get a terrible headache without the caffein.
Old 12-08-2010, 08:35 PM
Power Poster

Location: Murray, Ky. Looking for a nice cushy pillow to rest my head on!

Definitely!! Gotta have my coffee or I can make a grizzly seem tame.
Old 12-08-2010, 08:39 PM

Originally Posted by Momof3Es
I used to be, but since I've had my kids if I have just half a cup I turn into psycho b***h from hell!! I can drink all the soda I want but just no coffee! And I was really beginning to like that iced coffee stuff! :-(
That sounds like me when I used to drink. Beer and me no got along, and was the wrong time for someone to make me mad. So I just gave up drinking.
Old 12-08-2010, 08:46 PM
Power Poster

That's me for sure!! I have to have my 2 cups and complete silence before I'm mentally awake. I even drink out of the same mug every day. My cats know better than to bug me first thing. :D
But then my DH and I have gotten hooked on a vente (huge size) Starbucks in the afternoon!! We need to cut down, they just raised their prices again :(
Old 12-08-2010, 08:54 PM

I am the Same way, Gotta have my coffee!!!
Old 12-08-2010, 08:58 PM

I couldn't stand the smell of coffee on my mom's breath when she kissed us bye to get on the school bus. I detested that I had to make coffee at the office, since I didn't drink it, when I got my first secretary's job. My husband and mother inlaw were stout coffee drinkers. I just could not get a hang of it. I was about 33 when we got stationed in Italy. I'd walk to town, sit in a cafe and have a cappoccino.......pure Italian Style. Walking back home was a breeze. I'd have three cups to clean the three flats and ten rooms to the Villa. When we returned we brought a machine with us and cases of Kimbo Expresso. Lawwwwwww, that was, is and always will be the gold of God. I don't drink it now because it is hard on the kidneys, but I am a coffee hound to the core. Drink two pots a day. Love my coffee, but I don't think it changes my attitude. I drink it cold or hot, but I drink it a plenty. I love life and I have a stash of Coffee big as my stash of fabric.........Life is good!
Old 12-08-2010, 09:09 PM

I was never a coffee drinker, then i learned to drink it in my twenties. I had to give it up when I was in my thirties because it messed up my heart rate. I can drink it again now, but don't really care for it more without sugary flavorings, so I usually drink tea.

I had a friend offer to come move some furniture for me if I'd make him a cup of coffee. I need to buy some coffee.