Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
great service at Joanns today! >

great service at Joanns today!

great service at Joanns today!

Old 06-09-2011, 10:51 AM

Needed a roll of batting - looked online, saw it was on sale, but needed our church Treasurer to approve purchase... got the approval too late for sale... Received a 50% off coupon :) - looked on line - batting is $429.60 a roll... ok - with coupon, it's worth it. Fast forward... had to go to Joann's today to get some fabric for baby quilt so decided to buy a roll of batting there - instantly have it, etc. They print off a ticket - $559!! Talk about sticker shock - even with 50% coupon it's too expensive... so I called a friend to confirm online price of $429... went back told the ladies I'd not be getting it after all... OH NO! says Courtney! I won't let online get the sale - I'll fix it for you :)I asked if I could still use my 50% coupon - SURE, she says. Well... register rang it up full price - Courtney to the rescue - then the coupon would not work - after paying for the whole deal I realized the coupon was for a two yard piece of fabric and not the batting - Courtney called back to the front of the store - long(er) story short - I recieved the two yards at half price, I get the batting with no tax charged PLUS that tax added onto a gift card for Joanns - money returned - yes, I have to spend it there BUT I did get 40 yards of 90" batting for $214.!!!! I'd say that's a good deal - with 8.00 of free fabric to boot AND the $14. tax thrown in -
Old 06-09-2011, 10:55 AM

That's a deal!
Old 06-09-2011, 10:58 AM

you have to watch them on the coupons. I have heard a similar story here on the QB, they want to take the big discount off the smaller priced item.
Old 06-09-2011, 11:29 AM

That was fabulous customer service!
Old 06-09-2011, 11:34 AM
Google Goddess

great deal, thanks for sharing

Originally Posted by thismomquilts
Needed a roll of batting - looked online, saw it was on sale, but needed our church Treasurer to approve purchase... got the approval too late for sale... Received a 50% off coupon :) - looked on line - batting is $429.60 a roll... ok - with coupon, it's worth it. Fast forward... had to go to Joann's today to get some fabric for baby quilt so decided to buy a roll of batting there - instantly have it, etc. They print off a ticket - $559!! Talk about sticker shock - even with 50% coupon it's too expensive... so I called a friend to confirm online price of $429... went back told the ladies I'd not be getting it after all... OH NO! says Courtney! I won't let online get the sale - I'll fix it for you :)I asked if I could still use my 50% coupon - SURE, she says. Well... register rang it up full price - Courtney to the rescue - then the coupon would not work - after paying for the whole deal I realized the coupon was for a two yard piece of fabric and not the batting - Courtney called back to the front of the store - long(er) story short - I recieved the two yards at half price, I get the batting with no tax charged PLUS that tax added onto a gift card for Joanns - money returned - yes, I have to spend it there BUT I did get 40 yards of 90" batting for $214.!!!! I'd say that's a good deal - with 8.00 of free fabric to boot AND the $14. tax thrown in -
Old 06-09-2011, 11:43 AM

WOW! That is a good deal! I just wish that they would hire people that sew at my Joanns. Sometimes I have to ask a question about something, and they have NO idea.

I went in one time, and a lady was wanting to buy a sewing machine for her DGD to learn to sew on, but no one could help her. They couldn't even explain how each are different or anything. I ended up helping her pick out a basic, easy to learn sewing machine.
Old 06-09-2011, 11:54 AM

Wow! that is a screaming deal!
Old 06-09-2011, 12:08 PM

The clerks at my local store are great about scanning coupons so I get the best deal. I've had them override the register many times.
Old 06-09-2011, 01:07 PM

Originally Posted by NCquilter
WOW! That is a good deal! I just wish that they would hire people that sew at my Joanns. Sometimes I have to ask a question about something, and they have NO idea.

I went in one time, and a lady was wanting to buy a sewing machine for her DGD to learn to sew on, but no one could help her. They couldn't even explain how each are different or anything. I ended up helping her pick out a basic, easy to learn sewing machine.
Do you know how much Joann's pays an hour? I started working for them back in '99 and there were so many talented employees. They used to give more money per hour depending on your knowledge and experience. It is not that way anymore.
As far as her good service, it's so nice to hear stories like that.
Old 06-09-2011, 01:41 PM
Power Poster

Thank you for sharing this wonderful experience with us :D:D:D