Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 4 1 2 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 76

Thread: True story about Joanns amazing customer service

  1. #1
    Super Member LucyInTheSky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Seattle
    Posts
    1,786
    I called Joanns to see if the Olfa 45 mm 5 pack of rotary blades were back in stock, since they've been out of them since Thanksgiving. So I call, and it takes a minute or 2 to get to a live person.

    Me: Can you tell me if something is in stock?
    Him: Sure, do you know the sku?
    Me: No, sorry
    Him: Can you describe it to me
    Me: Olfa 45 mm 5 pack of rotary blades
    Him: I'll go check. I'll be right back

    -bad elevator music-

    With the phone on speaker, I eat breakfast... I clean my dishes... I find my phone charger... I clean the stove... about 10 minutes elapses, then I hear someone. I run over to my phone

    Me: Hi, I'm here!
    Him: Who were you waiting for?
    Me: Roger......
    Him: Umm... Roger WENT TO LUNCH. Can I help you with something?

    Then I told him what I wanted, he looked it up in 10 seconds, and said no, they're out of stock.

    But the point of the story is that ROGER PUT ME ON HOLD AND THEN WENT TO LUNCH!! How's that for a dedicated employee??? Wow, give him a raise!

  2. #2
    Power Poster nativetexan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    home again, after 27 yrs!
    Posts
    16,250
    Blog Entries
    2
    he, he, he. Roger didn't know what you were talking about, that's why he went to lunch!! I'm never surprised how many different employees at various stores have no idea about the products they sell. sad but true.

  3. #3
    Super Member charismah's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Ephrata, WA
    Posts
    8,915
    Blog Entries
    29
    GEEZ ...I hope Roger is only temporary help!

  4. #4
    Power Poster BellaBoo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Front row
    Posts
    14,661
    Blog Entries
    2
    Seems like customer service is hiring anyone that can pass the drug test.

  5. #5
    Super Member quiltsRfun's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Utah
    Posts
    8,160
    Blog Entries
    1
    He could of at least hung up on you and claimed to have "accidentally" been cut off. :)

  6. #6
    Super Member ScubaK's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    South Puget Sound, Wa. State
    Posts
    2,199
    You really need to let this company know...
    K

  7. #7
    Piedmont Quilter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    1,066
    Hey ~ if he gets the ax at Joanns, he could always go to work at my local Hancocks. They can't talk and cut fabric at the same time!!! He should fit in nicely.

  8. #8
    Super Member quiltsRfun's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Utah
    Posts
    8,160
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by Piedmont Quilter
    he could always go to work at my local Hancocks. They can't talk and cut fabric at the same time!!!
    Except to tell you the fabric they're cutting for you is ugly. That's what happened to my daughter. How's that for tact.

  9. #9
    Piedmont Quilter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    1,066
    Quote Originally Posted by quiltsRfun
    Quote Originally Posted by Piedmont Quilter
    he could always go to work at my local Hancocks. They can't talk and cut fabric at the same time!!!
    Except to tell you the fabric they're cutting for you is ugly. That's what happened to my daughter. How's that for tact.
    You've GOT to be kidding me? What cave do they dig these people out of????

  10. #10
    Power Poster amma's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Out searching for some sunshine :-)
    Posts
    59,088
    Blog Entries
    1
    Oh No :roll: atleast you have a speaker phone!!! LMBO
    That is typical of many places this time of year...they do not hire enough help or train them to be knowledeable of their products.


    I placed an order Tues afternoon with bearpaw fabrics...they called me first thing yesterday morning over a question on my shipping address and then said it was going to be shipped that same day... That sure helped my confidence in online ordering :D:D:D I really appreciated the way they quickly took care of the problem.

  11. #11
    Super Member Darlene's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Columbus, Ohio
    Posts
    1,903
    Roger needs a pep talk or three or four.

  12. #12
    JJs
    JJs is offline
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    LA - Lower Alabama
    Posts
    894
    I checked out yesterday at Joanns in Meridian, MS and took advantage of the senior citizens discount of an additional 15% off - the promo said you needed photo ID - I asked the girl (she's 22) if she needed to see my ID - she said "no, I don't think anybody is going to lie about being that old"....

    what?! .... we had a good laugh over it but it was really kind of rude...

  13. #13
    Super Member Darlene's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Columbus, Ohio
    Posts
    1,903
    The lady who rung me out at JoAnn's yesterday knew I was over 60 also because she is too. She said this is the 4th time JoAnn's has had that type of sale this year. I hope they keep it up.

  14. #14
    Power Poster Ninnie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Athens Ga
    Posts
    11,448
    ROFLMBO
    I wonder if Roger still has his job?

  15. #15
    Super Member quiltsRfun's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Utah
    Posts
    8,160
    Blog Entries
    1
    "no, I don't think anybody is going to lie about being that old"....
    ROFLMBO :lol: :lol: :lol:

  16. #16
    Super Member sewjoyce's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    9,664
    Quote Originally Posted by quiltsRfun
    "no, I don't think anybody is going to lie about being that old"....
    ROFLMBO :lol: :lol: :lol:
    Ditto :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

  17. #17
    Super Member beachlady's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    6,753
    The first time I used the senior discount (different store - 55 or older), I was so hurt that they didn't ask me for ID! I had just turned 55 - thought I looked younger! Guess not!

    Roger must have a short attention span!

  18. #18
    Power Poster sandpat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    18,757
    Blog Entries
    9
    Lie about looking that old.... :lol: :lol: :lol: LMAO!!! Well...I bet she hopes she gets there to see!!! Too funny!

    Apparently Roger was already out to lunch when he answered the phone.. not sure he had the right fork though... :roll:

  19. #19
    Super Member LucyInTheSky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Seattle
    Posts
    1,786
    Quote Originally Posted by quiltsRfun
    Quote Originally Posted by Piedmont Quilter
    he could always go to work at my local Hancocks. They can't talk and cut fabric at the same time!!!
    Except to tell you the fabric they're cutting for you is ugly. That's what happened to my daughter. How's that for tact.
    Are you serious? That's awful... especially if she hasn't paid yet :lol:

  20. #20
    Super Member LucyInTheSky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Seattle
    Posts
    1,786
    Quote Originally Posted by JJs
    I checked out yesterday at Joanns in Meridian, MS and took advantage of the senior citizens discount of an additional 15% off - the promo said you needed photo ID - I asked the girl (she's 22) if she needed to see my ID - she said "no, I don't think anybody is going to lie about being that old"....

    what?! .... we had a good laugh over it but it was really kind of rude...
    I'm 24. I would lie and say I'm that old for an extra 15% off

  21. #21
    Super Member henryparrish76's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    3,581
    Blog Entries
    2
    Well I am upset because my Joanns that I go to , they got rid of three of the woman that I was used to in the store and replaced them with three teenage girls and all they do is gossip with each other. They are horrible at their jobs. I had to show one of them she was not measuring the fabric right! I sought out the manager(new, a 20something guy) and said I wanted to make a complaint about the girls at the cutting counter. He said he didn't have time to talk. So I told him I didn't have the time to spend my money in that store. I put down my shopping and walked out.

    This was my first day in the store in about 4 months. I wont be going back either.

  22. #22
    Moderator littlehud's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    SW Iowa
    Posts
    32,957
    That's terrible. Roger needs to get out of retail if he does things like that.

  23. #23
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    lost in fabric & I'm not coming out until Secret Quilt Angel is over.
    Posts
    966
    OMG I had Roger on Tuesday. I am not kidding I wanted to place an order and couldn't on line so I called to place it. The guy I got on the phone said he couldn't get the things I wanted to go in the cart. I asked him if I couldn't place the order on line because of problems and he couldn't place it who could? He got a little nasty and I asked his name and to connect me to his supervisor. He said he was Roger now either he was Roger or they ALL use that name. He put my through to the supervisor, I got voice mail and ask that they call me back. I never got a call back and so No order was placed. DON"T YA JUST LOVE JOANN'S???

  24. #24
    Panther Creek Quilting's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Central Missouri Backwoods
    Posts
    797
    I do not understand how people like this get hired and keep their jobs. I drove one hour to a joann's to get quilter's grid interfacing. Yes, we live in the sticks, but our local wal-mart did not carry the interfacing. I called to make sure they had the product and did get an answer on the phone after about 10 minutes. They had it so I packed up my 3 year old son and we took off. I got there and could not find the interfacing and asked a young girl at the cutting counter to help she said it over there and pointed to the northwest quadrant of the store. So I went and searched again and could not find it. In the meantime, my son had to go to the bathroom. So I proceeded back to ask the girl for help. I also asked the girl if they had a bathroom my son could use and she said no! "I hate when people bring their children to the store and immediately want to use the bathroom", she said. I promptly stated that we had drove an hour to get there and that I wanted one product and had been searching for over 20 minutes with no help finding it. I also sarcastically stated that I was sorry my 3 year old could not more properly regulate his bladder to her likings. I then asked again for her help and she said it is with the interfacing. Well excuse my french, but "NO SH%$! I pretty much new that and I went and asked someone else and they at least pointed me to the row. I found the bolt and can you believe that after I called and had looked for 40 minutes now they only had less than 1/3 of a yard in the store. I promptly marched my son outside and opened the van door and helped him urinate in the parking lot. If I could have done the same and not got a ticket, I would have.

    I hate most big box stores (fabric ones included). They do not appreciate your business and really don't care if you come back. I plan to do my fabric shopping on-line from now on and hope I am not disappointed there also.

    P.S. I also called and held for 37 minutes to talk to a manager who assured me that it was not their fault that they only had 1/3 yard in the store. So that is everyone's attitude these days. I would kill to have their job, as I have been looking for something that I can do that will cover babysitting and still give me a paycheck.

    Sorry for the rant, but I feel better.........whew!

  25. #25
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    lost in fabric & I'm not coming out until Secret Quilt Angel is over.
    Posts
    966
    Quote Originally Posted by Panther Creek Quilting
    I do not understand how people like this get hired and keep their jobs. I drove one hour to a joann's to get quilter's grid interfacing. Yes, we live in the sticks, but our local wal-mart did not carry the interfacing. I called to make sure they had the product and did get an answer on the phone after about 10 minutes. They had it so I packed up my 3 year old son and we took off. I got there and could not find the interfacing and asked a young girl at the cutting counter to help she said it over there and pointed to the northwest quadrant of the store. So I went and searched again and could not find it. In the meantime, my son had to go to the bathroom. So I proceeded back to ask the girl for help. I also asked the girl if they had a bathroom my son could use and she said no! "I hate when people bring their children to the store and immediately want to use the bathroom", she said. I promptly stated that we had drove an hour to get there and that I wanted one product and had been searching for over 20 minutes with no help finding it. I also sarcastically stated that I was sorry my 3 year old could not more properly regulate his bladder to her likings. I then asked again for her help and she said it is with the interfacing. Well excuse my french, but "NO SH%$! I pretty much new that and I went and asked someone else and they at least pointed me to the row. I found the bolt and can you believe that after I called and had looked for 40 minutes now they only had less than 1/3 of a yard in the store. I promptly marched my son outside and opened the van door and helped him urinate in the parking lot. If I could have done the same and not got a ticket, I would have.

    I hate most big box stores (fabric ones included). They do not appreciate your business and really don't care if you come back. I plan to do my fabric shopping on-line from now on and hope I am not disappointed there also.

    P.S. I also called and held for 37 minutes to talk to a manager who assured me that it was not their fault that they only had 1/3 yard in the store. So that is everyone's attitude these days. I would kill to have their job, as I have been looking for something that I can do that will cover babysitting and still give me a paycheck.

    Sorry for the rant, but I feel better.........whew!
    If I had a 3 year old and they complained about using the bathroom I would have told him to pee on the floor right in front of the girl. I really wouldn't have but I would have felt like it. A few years ago Joann's was getting sued by someone who was shopping and had to use the bathroom. They wouldn't let her and she couldn't hold it and soiled herself. I don't remember the out come.

    I am happy you feel better feel free to rant whenever you want to.
    :lol:

Page 1 of 4 1 2 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

SEO by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.