Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
True story about Joanns amazing customer service >

True story about Joanns amazing customer service

True story about Joanns amazing customer service

Old 12-10-2009, 05:12 PM

Well I am upset because my Joanns that I go to , they got rid of three of the woman that I was used to in the store and replaced them with three teenage girls and all they do is gossip with each other. They are horrible at their jobs. I had to show one of them she was not measuring the fabric right! I sought out the manager(new, a 20something guy) and said I wanted to make a complaint about the girls at the cutting counter. He said he didn't have time to talk. So I told him I didn't have the time to spend my money in that store. I put down my shopping and walked out.

This was my first day in the store in about 4 months. I wont be going back either.
Old 12-10-2009, 05:53 PM
Power Poster

That's terrible. Roger needs to get out of retail if he does things like that.
Old 12-10-2009, 06:21 PM
Banned

Location: lost in fabric & I'm not coming out until Secret Quilt Angel is over.

OMG I had Roger on Tuesday. I am not kidding I wanted to place an order and couldn't on line so I called to place it. The guy I got on the phone said he couldn't get the things I wanted to go in the cart. I asked him if I couldn't place the order on line because of problems and he couldn't place it who could? He got a little nasty and I asked his name and to connect me to his supervisor. He said he was Roger now either he was Roger or they ALL use that name. He put my through to the supervisor, I got voice mail and ask that they call me back. I never got a call back and so No order was placed. DON"T YA JUST LOVE JOANN'S???
Old 12-10-2009, 06:43 PM

I do not understand how people like this get hired and keep their jobs. I drove one hour to a joann's to get quilter's grid interfacing. Yes, we live in the sticks, but our local wal-mart did not carry the interfacing. I called to make sure they had the product and did get an answer on the phone after about 10 minutes. They had it so I packed up my 3 year old son and we took off. I got there and could not find the interfacing and asked a young girl at the cutting counter to help she said it over there and pointed to the northwest quadrant of the store. So I went and searched again and could not find it. In the meantime, my son had to go to the bathroom. So I proceeded back to ask the girl for help. I also asked the girl if they had a bathroom my son could use and she said no! "I hate when people bring their children to the store and immediately want to use the bathroom", she said. I promptly stated that we had drove an hour to get there and that I wanted one product and had been searching for over 20 minutes with no help finding it. I also sarcastically stated that I was sorry my 3 year old could not more properly regulate his bladder to her likings. I then asked again for her help and she said it is with the interfacing. Well excuse my french, but "NO SH%$! I pretty much new that and I went and asked someone else and they at least pointed me to the row. I found the bolt and can you believe that after I called and had looked for 40 minutes now they only had less than 1/3 of a yard in the store. I promptly marched my son outside and opened the van door and helped him urinate in the parking lot. If I could have done the same and not got a ticket, I would have.

I hate most big box stores (fabric ones included). They do not appreciate your business and really don't care if you come back. I plan to do my fabric shopping on-line from now on and hope I am not disappointed there also.

P.S. I also called and held for 37 minutes to talk to a manager who assured me that it was not their fault that they only had 1/3 yard in the store. So that is everyone's attitude these days. I would kill to have their job, as I have been looking for something that I can do that will cover babysitting and still give me a paycheck.

Sorry for the rant, but I feel better.........whew!
Old 12-10-2009, 07:23 PM
Banned

Location: lost in fabric & I'm not coming out until Secret Quilt Angel is over.

Originally Posted by Panther Creek Quilting
I do not understand how people like this get hired and keep their jobs. I drove one hour to a joann's to get quilter's grid interfacing. Yes, we live in the sticks, but our local wal-mart did not carry the interfacing. I called to make sure they had the product and did get an answer on the phone after about 10 minutes. They had it so I packed up my 3 year old son and we took off. I got there and could not find the interfacing and asked a young girl at the cutting counter to help she said it over there and pointed to the northwest quadrant of the store. So I went and searched again and could not find it. In the meantime, my son had to go to the bathroom. So I proceeded back to ask the girl for help. I also asked the girl if they had a bathroom my son could use and she said no! "I hate when people bring their children to the store and immediately want to use the bathroom", she said. I promptly stated that we had drove an hour to get there and that I wanted one product and had been searching for over 20 minutes with no help finding it. I also sarcastically stated that I was sorry my 3 year old could not more properly regulate his bladder to her likings. I then asked again for her help and she said it is with the interfacing. Well excuse my french, but "NO SH%$! I pretty much new that and I went and asked someone else and they at least pointed me to the row. I found the bolt and can you believe that after I called and had looked for 40 minutes now they only had less than 1/3 of a yard in the store. I promptly marched my son outside and opened the van door and helped him urinate in the parking lot. If I could have done the same and not got a ticket, I would have.

I hate most big box stores (fabric ones included). They do not appreciate your business and really don't care if you come back. I plan to do my fabric shopping on-line from now on and hope I am not disappointed there also.

P.S. I also called and held for 37 minutes to talk to a manager who assured me that it was not their fault that they only had 1/3 yard in the store. So that is everyone's attitude these days. I would kill to have their job, as I have been looking for something that I can do that will cover babysitting and still give me a paycheck.

Sorry for the rant, but I feel better.........whew!
If I had a 3 year old and they complained about using the bathroom I would have told him to pee on the floor right in front of the girl. I really wouldn't have but I would have felt like it. A few years ago Joann's was getting sued by someone who was shopping and had to use the bathroom. They wouldn't let her and she couldn't hold it and soiled herself. I don't remember the out come.

I am happy you feel better feel free to rant whenever you want to.
:lol:
Old 12-10-2009, 07:36 PM

Originally Posted by quiltsRfun
"no, I don't think anybody is going to lie about being that old"....
ROFLMBO :lol: :lol: :lol:
Me, too,
Old 12-10-2009, 07:45 PM

I would have called back in a half of hour and asked to speak with Roger. Then promptly told him I waited 25 mins (might as well exaggerate. haha)for him to get back with you on your blades and listen to him explain himself! haha
Then asked him how his lunch was. :twisted:
Old 12-10-2009, 09:09 PM

Originally Posted by trupeach
OMG I had Roger on Tuesday. I am not kidding I wanted to place an order and couldn't on line so I called to place it. The guy I got on the phone said he couldn't get the things I wanted to go in the cart. I asked him if I couldn't place the order on line because of problems and he couldn't place it who could? He got a little nasty and I asked his name and to connect me to his supervisor. He said he was Roger now either he was Roger or they ALL use that name. He put my through to the supervisor, I got voice mail and ask that they call me back. I never got a call back and so No order was placed. DON"T YA JUST LOVE JOANN'S???
Hmmm, maybe Roger is a code name! At my boyfriend's old job they had a code if someone was stealing. So they'd say "Alan to customer service" or some name, and all the managers would come running
Old 12-10-2009, 09:11 PM

Originally Posted by crkathleen
I would have called back in a half of hour and asked to speak with Roger. Then promptly told him I waited 25 mins (might as well exaggerate. haha)for him to get back with you on your blades and listen to him explain himself! haha
Then asked him how his lunch was. :twisted:
Hahahahahah, I like it! :thumbup: I should call now! I've been waiting for 36 hours....
Old 12-10-2009, 09:14 PM

Originally Posted by Panther Creek Quilting
Completely agree. And the problem is, we do go back. I HATE Joanns, but they're cheap. So for me it's a trade off. I pay lots of $ per yard to go my LQS which I love. And then I try to get the supplies (cutting mat, blades, scissors, not thread) cheap. Ya get what ya pay for, I guess. I just found out there's a Hancocks by my new house, so maybe they'll be better... (yes, I know, most of the posts about them are they are worse, lol)