Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
True story about Joanns amazing customer service >

True story about Joanns amazing customer service

True story about Joanns amazing customer service

Old 12-10-2009, 09:23 PM

I thought shopping at my local Joann's was bad until I read what you folks went through at your local stores. Good grief! I should go to JA and tell the employees how wonderful they are and that they're not idiots after all. Actually, most of the employees in the nearby store are competent and friendly. There are no young employees. There are at least two who are a real pleasure to deal with. Obviously, I need to be more grateful than I have been! We used to have a Hancock's right across the highway from Joann's. I liked having both stores nearby; I frequently got better fabric deals at Hancock's.
Old 12-10-2009, 10:08 PM

I had to ROFLMBO with some of the stories, but some of them are more tragic then funny. Things like "Customer Service" is rare to find and it is almost impossible to find a business where the customer is always right attitude.

I go to Joann's because of the coupons and being able to get stuff inexpensively. It certainly isn't due to customer service.
Old 12-10-2009, 10:23 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Tiffany
Things like "Customer Service" is rare to find and it is almost impossible to find a business where the customer is always right attitude.
The company I work for has a really good customer service department. I'm involved in setting up the Return Material Authorization and when a customer wants to return a unit that they had past the warranty date, we'll still take it. We also have a 90-day satisfaction guarantee. Often it is the service that brings the customers back.
Old 12-11-2009, 06:37 AM

I love my Joann's I have become friends with all the ladies at the cutting table. One of the ladies said she hated cutting Tule so every time I go in I tell her I need 60 yards of Tule in different colors and in 1/2 yard pieces. We both get a good laugh out she is a real character I love her. But I know what you mean about cust. service it seems to get worst everyday. I hate going through a drive through as no one speaks english and I have to repeat my order 3 or 4 times and still don't get what I orderd. I called about my power being out and got a person in Arizona I live in Dallas Texas. Called about my internet being down got a gentlemen in India. No help either time.
Old 12-11-2009, 06:46 AM

Unfortunatly, it's not just the seasonal help at these stores, or even the employees at any one particular store now-a-days. All of these people act like it is a chore to help you and heaven forbid if you happen to interrupt their cell phone converstion or texting session!! The employers today need to be a little more "picky" about who they hire. There are plenty of people out there the who are willing to work, do a good job and give GOOD customer service!!!
Old 12-11-2009, 06:47 AM
Power Poster

I agree with everyone about the customer service, especially in large box stores. I have to share this though...most of you know I live in a small town and there are some things that are really nice about that. Yesterday when I went to the drug store...I shopping the aisles, picked up a few things, then went to pay. She was holding up a bag and said, "so you want all of that stuff to go with this? " She had seen me walk in and already pulled DH's prescription and had it ready....I told her..."there are things I really like about small towns!"

The other thing is that when you call someone about something...the good thing is, they know who you are and already know why you are calling....the bad thing is, they already know why you are calling... :wink: :lol:
Old 12-11-2009, 07:00 AM

I know you all know what I'm about to write, but I'm going to say it anyway.

It all depends on MANAGEMENT. A good manager who has the authority to hire and fire employees makes all the difference between a good shopping experience and a lousy one. At the top of a long list of what constitutes being a good manager is insisting on good customer service. Of course, the larger the store, the more difficult it is for management to see and know all and that's where customer complaints make a difference. If management is poor, no amount of customer complaints will do any good and that leaves us with the option of never shopping at that store again. That's really sad. I stopped shopping at my once-favorite grocery store a couple of years ago, after having been a good customer there for about 2 decades.

MadQuilter, you must work for a company that has good management.
Old 12-11-2009, 07:03 AM

I love my local LQS more and more each day!! Talk about excellent customer service. And the prices are reasonable. Anything that I want that they don't have, they will order for me. And then call me when it comes in....I was there yesterday and one of the owners helped me to make up a couple of gift baskets for some "quilty" friends and then didn't charge me for the little baskets.... :D :D I never go to JoAnn's anymore unless it's really necessary -- and it hasn't been necessary for several months now :D
Old 12-11-2009, 08:22 AM

Another thing with Joanns - their cutting counter is soooooooo slow. At least at mine, they use scissors... and take forever. On my first day at a new job, they were getting their stuff packed up for an expo. They had new 7 ft posters but they were about 5" too small. Well, it's too late to order new ones, so I suggest getting a piece of black fabric, I'll hem it so no loose threads show, and putting that at the bottom. So the pres and I go to Joanns to get some fabric, about 7 people in front of us, and we wait about 30 minutes. And even he, who is incredibly patient, was like "what is going on here?". He wanted them to implement an express lane... I like the idea
Old 12-11-2009, 08:55 AM
Banned

wow, thats sad. i hate it when stuff like that happens