Grinch......

Old 12-06-2015, 11:43 AM

Default Grinch......

I just finished watching the grinch who stole Christmas with GGD......what a horrid movie! Someone please explain it to me!!!!! Maybe I was watching in the wrong frame of mind.......and it is very long!!!!!!!!
Old 12-06-2015, 11:46 AM

Each decision we make has consequences. It is a lesson about those consequences, and how sometimes, we can make better choices and repair the damage we have done.

I LOVE the dog...
Old 12-06-2015, 11:55 AM
Power Poster

I prefer the original cartoon Grinch TV special myself.
Old 12-06-2015, 12:33 PM

Did you watch the original 1966 version, from the Dr. Seuss book?
Old 12-06-2015, 01:03 PM
Power Poster

Which version did you watch?? Did your GGD enjoy it or was it a bad experience for you?
Old 12-06-2015, 01:04 PM

I didn't know there were two versions, we haven't had a tv for ages.
I was referring to the Dr. Suess cartoon one.
Old 12-06-2015, 01:18 PM
Power Poster

I loved the book, and the cartoon version. I saw it as a play once and was a little bored, although it was well done. I didn't know there was another version. The lesson is that Christmas is in the heart, not in the "things", so the people in Who-ville are not destroyed when the Grinch steals their loot. The Grinch changes when he understands this. I think it's a lovely story, very instructive for children (and for the rest of us). Dr. Seuss wrote some amazing books.
Old 12-06-2015, 01:21 PM

No this was a"human" version. The characters were all dressed very bizarrely.....to be made to look like cartoon characters....Hopkins narrated parts by recited parts from the book....then the movie would take off.....I personally think it was so convoluted one would not be able to find the moral behind the actions.........and yes, the dog was the only thing" likeable. I do vaguely remember once watching a cartoon version of this story and I was not as confused by it........ggd(5) was not engrossed....GGD watched for awhile, would get up and do something else, I would turn it off, then she would return and ask to watch more.......we started watching last evening, but then it was bedtime so I DVDd the rest......now I shall delete it!

I do agree with the writings of Dr S, but this was a reach....actually I have one of his books written under his real name......

Last edited by Geri B; 12-06-2015 at 01:24 PM.
Old 12-06-2015, 02:07 PM
Power Poster

Excellent movie, you need to learn the lesson as explained, beautiful movie, not horrid at all.
it's about the true meaning of Christmas is love, not things.
Old 12-06-2015, 02:35 PM

It is a great movie. The people looked differently because they were from the land of whoville. Its a story about someone who was different and made fun of when he was young and that turned him into seaming as though he didn't have a heart where he really did but he hid it to protect it. Then over the years people in Whoville made fun him and told stories of him being this mean person. But when the little girl showed him love his heart softened up and the now woman who he loved as a child still loved him. I think its a great story for little kids and even grown ones on how your actions can affect peoples lives and not always in a good way. We've watched it a few times so far and even bought the movie for my son in law because he wanted to see it and we weren't sure if or when it would be on TV. My DGK also love it. I agree with lynnie, its about love, not things.