Had a good weekend

Old 05-16-2011, 06:00 AM

Saturday we had a pillowcase Sew In at my guild, woke up tired but sewing the pillowcases for kids in hospitals gave me a good shot of energy.

Sunday DH wanted to go out for lunch and a long ride as the weather was so nice. We decided we should go to an area a distance from us and use up some of our gift cards. Had a late lunch/early dinner at Longhorn's which after gift card and free appertizer coupon cost us $10 with the tip. We both ordered the same meal, chopped steak, mushrooms and sauce and mashed potatoes. After the appertizer, big salad and some bread we both were pretty full and only finished half of our entrees, They will make a meal for us today, just need to add a salad, no bread as we pigged out on the wheat bread at Longhorn's yesterday.

Quilt shop that I had gift card for was closed so on the way home we stopped Joann's because I needed some backing. I had 2 half used gift cards and left there with 12 yards of good quality fabric and a tote bag all for .15 cents. Of course, that was after using up my gift cards and 40% coupon off on the tote. Coupon was expiring end of this week and I knew I wouldn't drive that far to use the coupon so I picked up a good sturdy tote. I use totes to store my works in progress. What's another WIP hanging around in a cute bag? LOL!

With the cost of cotton fabrics rising so much I want to use my quilt gift cards to stock up on my basics, especially wide backings. Have to check out that quilt shops hours next time we drive down that way. Wish we had some LQS where family could get future gift cards for me.
May in Jersey
Old 05-16-2011, 06:59 AM

Me too!! My hubby took me to breakfast and grocery shopping. Spent the rest of the weekend at home, doing laundry, looking for a pattern for my May Doll quilt swap, and a challenge piece. We watched a movie, and listened to the rain.
It was wonderful to have the house all to ourselves this weekend!!

FREE Quilting Newsletter