Halloween

Old 08-04-2018, 05:09 AM
Power Poster

Default Halloween

It seems like more people are decorating for Halloween now than 50 years ago.

Do you decorate for Halloween?

If you do - how much decorating do you do?

A related question - how many people/countries celebrate/observe Halloween?

(I do like some of the Halloween fabrics - I have some great ones in my stash - but that's about as far as I/we go with our "observance/decorating" for the day.)
Old 08-04-2018, 05:57 AM

Used to decorate when had the little ones. Nowadays, I put a few streamers outside so the little trick-or-treaters will know to come by and I do some loot bags. That's all I do. No Halloween fabric in my stash.
Old 08-04-2018, 06:48 AM

Not much, although when my kids were little we set up a haunted “path” for tricker treaters a few years. Nowadays we are lucky if we get a dozen tricks treaters. I do have costumes for my dogs and last year we dressed them up and they helped us hand out candy.

ive thought about getting a Halloween pin for mt pin cushion, does that count?
Old 08-04-2018, 07:01 AM
Power Poster

It was lots of fun when my boys were little. I don't anymore. My husband hates anything Halloween, except
for the little kids and he doesn't hate much or request much so I don't bother with it. To be honest I don't
like Halloween colors.
My sister said one of these days she's going to get the ugliest thing JAF has and give it to Paul lol
Old 08-04-2018, 07:13 AM
Power Poster

I actually think it's less celebrated now than it used to be, even though the stores already have the Halloween merchandise out, 3 months in advance. I don't decorate. I did make a Halloween quilt once, but it was a donation.
Old 08-04-2018, 07:14 AM

I do quite a bit Halloween decorating. We have lots of trick or treaters (over 100) as we live in a newer subdivision. I keep the decorations more on the cute side rather than scary. Most of the trick or treaters are pretty young.
Old 08-04-2018, 07:32 AM

speaking of halloween won't be long if not already the halloween candy will be in the stores .......I don't decorate anymore all the halloween stuff i made through years just sit in the storage binn

Last edited by mandyrose; 08-04-2018 at 07:35 AM.
Old 08-04-2018, 09:01 AM
Power Poster

​I have a cute Halloween panel that I want to quilt for the fall. I don’t decorate much now that my children are grown. I am disappointed that the children no longer carry unicef boxes here. I used to get mine almost full every year and it gave me a good feeling to know the money collected would help others.
Old 08-04-2018, 09:20 AM
Power Poster

No, I don't decorate for Halloween. I don't make Halloween quilts, either. Nowadays the kids seem to go to the church Harvest Festivals, rather than door to door. It's safer.
Old 08-04-2018, 09:30 AM

I still decorate. I have a Halloween table runner and place pumpkins, leaves etc on that. I have two Halloween wall hangings that I use. I enjoy changing with the seasons, and love the fall. I have a fall wreath with a few Halloween things on it. For the day itself, we have a big lighted pumpkin we put outside, on the off chance we'll get a few trick-or-treaters. We live on a short, 3 block long, not very well lit street, that has a dead end, and is kind of hard to find! Plus, there are no youngsters in our neighborhood. Getting 10-12 kids is a lot for us!