Hancock Fabrics

Old 08-31-2012, 07:54 AM

Originally Posted by Cagey View Post
I was very pleasantly surprised at the selection of fabric at Hancocks. First time I've visited this store. The fabric prices were very reasonable and 40% off. Not a very large selection of quilting notions or books but loved the fabric. Anyone else shop there?
Yes, I shop there all the time. I think it depends on the location. The ones that I have been to have a pretty good selection. Biloxi, MS, New Orleans and the one on the Northside Chicago on (North Broadway St.) Good thing about them, you can use Joann's & Hobby Lobby coupons there.
Old 08-31-2012, 08:34 AM

The store in Lynnwood, WA, is still there, behind their Convention Center. I had looked at 2 LQS's near my home for a specific piece of fabric. Went to Lynnwood Hancock last Saturday and found just what I needed, and at 40% off!
Old 08-31-2012, 09:30 AM

I was on holiday in Florida in January and went to the Hancock's in Merrit Island. I purchased a few items and at the till the lady gave me two 40% off coupons - I could not believe it, we just don't have coupons over here, I am so envious of your fabric shops and the coupons!!
Old 08-31-2012, 10:58 AM

Originally Posted by joyce j View Post
I do some shoping at Hancocks , but I do a lot on line also. joyce j
Same here. I use their 40% coupon to get basics, like muslin & batting. I get most of my thread there, too. They used to have a really nice line of blenders but have discontinued it, which makes me sad because I really did like it.
Old 08-31-2012, 12:41 PM
Power Poster

I shop a lot at Hancocks.They are all we have in my area. I would love to have a JoAnns but they all went out of business in the Charleston SC area. I could go to Columbia SC to JoAnns but it would be a 2 hour drive one way. I get Hancocks fliers all the time and they do have some good sales at times just not a big selection.
Old 08-31-2012, 05:46 PM

Hancock's is one of the fabric stores I frequent. Along with Joann's and 3 LQS. Have found some good notions as well as some fabric.
Old 08-31-2012, 08:40 PM

I was just there yesterday. Used to shop at Hancock's a lot. Then the stores closed. Just recently discovered there was still one within driving distance and we go over that way every now and then. It's nice that it is next to a sporting goods store my dh likes. LOL. They carry a lot more doo dad type stuff now but they still have a nice selection of fabrics and there were quite a few sale prices yesterday.
Old 09-01-2012, 05:36 AM

Default They have an on line store as well.

Originally Posted by nygal View Post
There are NO Hancocks fabric stores on my end of the state at all. I went in one when I visited my SIL and it reminded me of Joanns which I love!! I wish we had one here.
They have an on line store as well. I really like Hancocks and they are so friendly there.
Old 09-01-2012, 01:06 PM

i never used to be a Hancocks store fan because there were some crabby women that worked there , but after we got out joann super store they dont have as much quilting supplies as they did before , so i went back to handcocks and love it , but yesterday when i went they told me they are closing there one and opnly store because it is in the mall and the mall raised everyones rent and they cant stay in business because of the rent they are closing up shop in october
Old 09-02-2012, 07:32 PM

I love Hancock! You get good service and friendly help.I prefer going there instead of JoAnn's. JoAnn's prices have gotten too high and it's more crafts and scrapbooking stuff.