Hanging Out Laundry!

Old 02-19-2011, 04:53 PM

Carrie, is this the lull before the storm lol
Old 02-19-2011, 07:23 PM

I was able to hang the sheets out last week. I love the way they smell when you bring them in.
Old 02-19-2011, 09:28 PM

Can't get to my lines still 3 feet of snow
Old 02-20-2011, 06:13 AM

Originally Posted by sewgull
Originally Posted by maryb44662
I like to hang out sheets and quilts. The pollen gets to me, especially in the Spring months. I may wash bed sheets today and hang them out. It is in the 70s here today.
Run sheets thur the dryer for a few minutes, this removes pollen. Works for me.
I like to hang my sheets out, then run them through the dryer for a few minutes. Also fluffs up towels. I enjoy using my 'solar' dryer, anything to save some on the electric bill. BTW it was 70º here yesterday.
Old 02-20-2011, 06:16 AM

Originally Posted by Maralyn
Can't convince my husband that hanging out laundry would be good therapy for me, so everything goes in the dryer.
My hubby would rather have everything dried in the dryer too. I just love the fresh smell from hanging them out, then run them through the dryer for a few minutes with no heat.
Old 02-20-2011, 06:19 AM

Originally Posted by New Quilter
CarrieAnne...I have to ask you a question...Do you have a certain way to hang up the clothes,) ie all large towels together, then hand towels, then washcloths) or do you just hang them up as they come out of the basket?
When I was a kid at home, everything had to be hung together, towels then wash cloths, sheets then pillowcases. Jeans and pants/shorts then shirts hung by the bottom so as to not stretch the shoulders. Old habits die hard, I do like the order.
Old 02-20-2011, 07:29 AM

I love to hang out my laundry, I did it as a kid, helping my mother/aunts, and I still do it. I love the smell, but I do have to throw our clothes in the dyer for a few minutes to soften them up.
It saves so much on our electric bill, too!
Old 02-20-2011, 07:34 AM

Originally Posted by Karyn
Originally Posted by New Quilter
CarrieAnne...I have to ask you a question...Do you have a certain way to hang up the clothes,) ie all large towels together, then hand towels, then washcloths) or do you just hang them up as they come out of the basket?
When I was a kid at home, everything had to be hung together, towels then wash cloths, sheets then pillowcases. Jeans and pants/shorts then shirts hung by the bottom so as to not stretch the shoulders. Old habits die hard, I do like the order.
Ditto on the order of hanging up the clothes. Then when you take them down (if not going into the dryer) they are all together to fold up right at the clothes line. I remember as a kid helping Mom hang clothes out in the Winter....they would freeze before we could get them on the line....we called them "freeze dried" clothes....LOL
Old 02-20-2011, 07:43 AM

We have been hanging out clothes all week. It helps with the power bill too, another boost. Yay springtime. :thumbup:
Old 02-20-2011, 08:17 AM

When I mention a clothesline, people sometimes think it's a lot of work etc. But when I use the term "solar dryer" they think you're all economics and energy efficient. WE're talking about the SAME thing!