Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Happy Friday the 13th~

Blog Entries
    Do any of you have believe this day brings bad luck?

Today has been a very good day so far for me, went to quilt group and came away with a couple of patterns and had a piece of Birthday cake of one of the quilters that celebrated her 82nd birthday today! Sang happy birthday to her and wished her many more... we all ate some cake for good luck to her. Now ... hmmm.. come to think of it... that would be like saying, just maybe, we did that for suspicious reasons for the 13th ???

Well all in all, I can think of nothing that would suggest this day, the 13th, would be bring bad luck to anyone.... what do you think :)

I even have a black cat ...
    Name:  Attachment-96721.jpe
Views: 22
Size:  62.3 KB

Quote Originally Posted by roseOfsharon

Today has been a very good day so far for me, went to quilt group and came away with a couple of patterns and had a piece of Birthday cake of one of the quilters that celebrated her 82nd birthday today! Sang happy birthday to her and wished her many more... we all ate some cake for good luck to her. Now ... hmmm.. come to think of it... that would be like saying, just maybe, we did that for suspicious reasons for the 13th ???

Well all in all, I can think of nothing that would suggest this day, the 13th, would be bring bad luck to anyone.... what do you think :)

Quote Originally Posted by Ms. Shawn

No! But Great Movies! I love horror movies! Glad you had a good day!!! My day is going to get better soon, I get to take my Grandchildren 2 of them to McD's and then B-day shoping for my DGS who will be 4 on the 28th! Nana Will not be in state for his party :-( But we will have fun tonight!! Ms. Shawn

OH! Sorry forgot to tell you, I love your black kitty!!

Best day of my life is a Friday the 13th cause you see I was born on a Friday the 13th! Seems as if every one of them during the year has brought me joy. Have not seen anything real special yet today, although the weatherman says the heat in middle America will slowly be broken. Now that IS a reason to celebrate. Night times have stayed in the 80s but if a little rain comes and maybe a cloud or two stays around then indeed this Friday the 13th is a great day.

PS: I do not have a live cat but I sure do have a small stack of feline fabrics. Must do something with that one day.

Today is a great day. It is my DH's 57th birthday! My favorite sister was born on the 13th of another month. For 13 years our house number was 13. No bad luck related to any of our 13's, only blessings.

Right On, elkridgequilter! Happy Birthday to dear old hubby.

What a pretty kitty, I have a black cat too and her brother that is striped.

My husband and I got married on Sept. 13th, and this year will be our 13th anniversary! We use 13 as our lucky number, even when it falls on a Friday. So far it's been good for us! LOL! :thumbup:

Today was a great day for me. I went to Keepsake Quilting and bought some fat quarters on sale and then had to treat myself to two new patterns. Got a few other goodies at a nice bookstore...
    Happy Friday the 13th!
    lots2do

I hit a Garage Sale today and you would not believe what I got for $20!!! To start I got a full sized hand appliqued and embroidered Sun Bonnet Sue quilt top, A full sized PVC quilting frame in the box never used, an 11X17" PVC quilting frame never used, two huge omnigrid rulers, electric scissors, a basket FULL of notions, thread, serger thread, buttons, velcro, etc. A super large round quilting hoop. A super large oval quilting hoop with stand. Two sewing books, two extension cords plus more!!! I would never have expected this find especially on Friday the 13th.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by GrammaNan
    I hit a Garage Sale today and you would not believe what I got for $20!!! To start I got a full sized hand appliqued and embroidered Sun Bonnet Sue quilt top, A full sized PVC quilting frame in the box never used, an 11X17" PVC quilting frame never used, two huge omnigrid rulers, electric scissors, a basket FULL of notions, thread, serger thread, buttons, velcro, etc. A super large round quilting hoop. A super large oval quilting hoop with stand. Two sewing books, two extension cords plus more!!! I would never have expected this find especially on Friday the 13th.
    GrannyNan!!! You did have a great Friday the 13th... I am again jealous of the great finds everyone finds of late! :) Happy for you anyway hehehehehe enjoy!

Friday the 13th has always been a great day for me-my fiance and I had our first date on a Friday the 13th and we plan to get married on a Friday the 13th :)

LOL, I have 3 black cats, and my Bday is the 13th of March. I started a new job today, so its been a lucky one for me, too!

Don't think anyday could bring bad luck because bad things happen everyday. However just by chance I got fired yesterday Friday the 13th. And my brother died friday the 13th april 2007 But I still don't think the day is bad luck. Getting fired is gonna open some wonderful doors to new adventures! Now I can get my hands on that 401k and buy more fabric! LOL just kiddn.

Quote Originally Posted by leatheflea
    Don't think anyday could bring bad luck because bad things happen everyday. However just by chance I got fired yesterday Friday the 13th. And my brother died friday the 13th april 2007 But I still don't think the day is bad luck. Getting fired is gonna open some wonderful doors to new adventures! Now I can get my hands on that 401k and buy more fabric! LOL just kiddn.
    God bless you! May the door that opens for you be wide, huge and full of fortune.

GrannyNan!!! You did have a great Friday the 13th... I am again jealous of the great finds everyone finds of late! :) Happy for you anyway hehehehehe enjoy!
    Keep your eyes wide open, you will find something soon too!

Quote Originally Posted by leatheflea
    God bless you! May the door that opens for you be wide, huge and full of fortune.
    Thanks grammaNan! I like the way you think, MONEY!