Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Happy Mother's Day - post a picture of your mom

in honor of our moms, let's post a picture and tell a little bit about what makes them special.
    This picture is very special to me - I think it was maybe HS graduation. My mom married at 39 and had me at 45, so I never knew her as a younger woman. I had never seen a picture of her at that age, just one at age 2 and the rest after she married.
    She passed away from cancer when I was 9. I found this picture online when my extended family started filling in a genealogy website. Not sure who had it.

My mom loved sewing clothes for me and my sis, had a "stash" of scraps in an old dresser in the sewing room. I can still remember some of the dresses she made us, and having to "stand still" for fittings.
    I made my first quilt (a doll quilt) under her guidance.

She was a great storyteller, too and a great cook. I miss you Mom!!Love ya!

Marguerite
    Name:  Attachment-193609.jpe
Views: 94
Size:  36.9 KB

What a lovely find. Your mom was a very attractive woman. My mother loves to tell stories too. She moved in with me about six years ago after my father passed. Here is a photo of them on their wedding day.

mom and dad at a young age.. dad was 20 mom was 17
    Name:  Attachment-193619.bmp
Views: 106
Size:  1,012.6 KB

Here is a picture of my mom and grandma...mom is 69 and grandma is 85...Love them both
    Attached Images Attached Images

A picture of my mom with my youngest son taken 9 yrs ago. She has been gone for 5 1/2 yrs now. She died of inflamitory metasticized breast cancer. There is only one mam. It saddens me that especially my children do not have her in their life.

What a beautiful mothers. Keep posting pictures in their honor for mother's day.

Blog Entries
    Feliz Dia de Madres. I love my Mama forever and a day.

Power Poster
    Blog Entries
    My mom is Renee Shimamoto Fleming, age 80, and is my best friend. I have this picture of my Granddaughter and my mom and my Daughter on the right.
    She married dad when she was 19, stay at home mom and taught us everything we know .

Happy Mother's Day MOm. Love you.♥♥

At xmas 2010. Better view of her face. ONly thing she does is keeps her hair dark. LOL. My sis's two oldest boys.
    Name:  Attachment-193651.jpe
Views: 86
Size:  39.6 KB

Super Member Lisa_wanna_b_quilter's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Here we are in 2008. Mom is the shorty in the front with the walking stick. She has gone down a lot since then and doesn't get around much any more.

The Japanese lady is my "sister". She came as a foreign exchange student in 1988 and ended up staying. The little guy in the shades is my youngest son! He has grown so much --he is 6 feet tall now! I'm in the polka dots. The back row is my husband, my daugher and my dad.

This is my Mom with her 7 children and about 3/4 of her grandchildren, great-grandchildren, and great-great-grandchildren. This picture was taken after my Dad's funeral in March.

Mom taught me all the sewing arts, and always set a good example of proper behavior. She taught me about family, starting genealogy in the 1950s before most people knew what it was. We waded through weeds in old cemetaries, getting chiggers, looking for her grandparents grave markers (we found them!). Mom taught me that there is a big difference between challenges and problems, and that both are easier to deal with when you are smiling. I love her a bunch.

Most of the fam-damily
    Name:  Attachment-193665.jpe
Views: 93
Size:  38.3 KB

Mom, age 94
    Name:  Attachment-193666.jpe
Views: 102
Size:  68.8 KB

Blog Entries
    This is my Momma. She passed away Thanksgiving Day 2007. She was my full-time Mom, my friend, my confidant, my teacher, my Sister in Christ, my 4-H leader & band booster. She married my Daddy when they were both 18 and they were married 26 years at the time of his death in 1981. She never remarried. She raised 2 boys & 1 girl, helped raise her 2 grandsons. She now has 1 great-grandson, born June 2010. We miss her dearly and are forever grateful to have had such a wonderful & special Mom.

Here are a couple pictures of me with my mom and aunt. One is with my mom and me at a quilt show and the other is me with mom and aunt Betty. We all quilt together when we can. My mom is 80 and Aunt Betty is 82 and I am 60. This picture was a few years back.Aunt Betty never had any kids.

ewww...I can never leave my eyes open when my picture is taken!
    Name:  Attachment-193669.jpe
Views: 95
Size:  49.1 KB

first one is my mom and my son (4 months old) this is 2006 his first trip to fla.(only ones I have on my computer here)

second picture is of my grandmother with my son.
    I am so glad my kids get to have one great grandmother.

I thank god everyday for my mother. She lost her job, and took over watching my kids two years ago. She takes them to the dr, story time, my daughter to dance. any thing we need! I know some moms aren't like this, I thank god that I was luckly enough to get one!

Blog Entries
    Every Mother is beautiful!!!

I love my Mom and wouldn't trade her for anyone in this world. We haven't always gotten along, but we have become closer over the last couple of years and getting closer everyday.

This is her favorite pic to share of herself.
    Name:  Attachment-193674.jpe
Views: 11
Size:  53.5 KB

Blog Entries
    These are my only living Grandparents, my mom's parents. They took care of my sister and I when mom was sick and in the hospital for three months, so dad could work.

Blog Entries
    This is my mom.
    She passed away 19 years ago.
    I miss her so much it hurts.
    My mom taught me to sew.

My Mom passed on in 1960 but she is the one who really inspired me at an early age to start sewing. I have a few of her hand pieced quilts that are quite old. I'm afraid to touch them much for fear they will start coming apart. I think of her very often and miss her dearly even after so many years. Happy Mothers Day to all the Moms out there and have a splendid day with your families. (This picture was taken circa 1946 when I was about 5 yo)

My Mom is full blooded Saginaw Chippewa. She is now 82 years young.

Happy Mother's Day, Mom

Jerri
    Name:  Attachment-193707.jpe
Views: 15
Size:  60.2 KB

Blog Entries
    Here is a picture of my Mom when she was 16. She passed in 2005. I miss her so much it hurts. Happy Mother's Day to all Moms here and there.

Power Poster
    Blog Entries
    I love all the pictures, I feel your emotions when you speak of your moms. Dreamer2009 - I see where you get your nice looks from too. Thanks for sharing everyone.
    ChasingHawk - we could be sisters and our mom's could be twins. LOL. Guess nationality doesn't matter when the colors match up. HUGS everyone and Happy mother's Day tomorrow.

Here's my mom and dad, wedding day in England, Mom passed away 16 years ago - she was only 57. I miss her every day.

Happy mothers day to all.

my mother in law who passed away in 1996
    Name:  Attachment-194070.jpe
Views: 16
Size:  63.4 KB

My mother at a ripe old age of 80
    Name:  Attachment-194071.jpe
Views: 12
Size:  24.1 KB

Blog Entries
    I lived away from my folks for 40 or so years and live near them again! Here is Mom and her brother.

What great picture's.... love this..

Here's a picture of my mom many yrs ago having a good time. She is with my dad on the left, the couple on the right are my uncle and aunt..

I lost my mother in the early 90's..miss her.

Oh how I have loved looking at all the beautiful mom's. Here's my beauty. She has 4 children, 18 grand children and 29 great grandchildren. Happy Mothers day Mom :)

Mom
    Name:  Attachment-194078.jpe
Views: 19
Size:  193.1 KB

Picture of my beautiful granddaughter taken yesterday, I just had to share
    Name:  Attachment-194079.jpe
Views: 12
Size:  49.3 KB

This is my Mom in the early 1040"s, I was born in 1947. She was the best mom in the world, always humming a tune as she worked, even though she worked very hard. She made many quilts with lots of applique' (her favorite), which I have most of (my older rother and her grandchildren all have at least one quilt). She raised 3 kids by herself; she was divorced when we were very small. Our dad was not part of our life growing up, but she raised 3 happy, healthy kids who all have her creative talents. She went to be with her Lord 3 1/2 years ago and I miss her every day.

My Mom in 1940's before I was born
    Name:  Attachment-194080.jpe
Views: 17
Size:  60.9 KB

Junior Member QuiltingrandmafromMi's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    This is a picture of my mom, she passed away June 10, 2006 at the age of 94. I still miss her! She was the mother of 9, worked our small farm with my dad, and still found time to do for others! Being the middle child, we bonded the most, as she was the middle child amongst her siblings. God, if you could put your arm around her on Mother's Day, and tell her how much I love her and miss her!
    Happy Mother's Day mom, RIP!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast