Happy Valentine?

Old 02-11-2010, 07:32 AM
Banned

I told dh not only do I want to eat out (OR he can cook ) but that also includes dishes NOT piling up all day waiting to be done by me on Monday........

It doesn't count to have the day "off" if nobody else does anything and it just piles up all day and then there's twice as much to do the next day.

Stepping down off my soapbox now........
Old 02-11-2010, 07:33 AM

We did last night. Last year we ate out maybe twice, both lunchs. We were hungry were recommended a GREAT reasonable restaurant. I took one look as they walked us to the table and my heart sank. This is not a REASONABLE restaurant. At all. The food was so pricy I wanted to go home right then. My husband went with it said its fine. I couldnt relax, so for me.. I would rather have eaten at home. The salad? 8 a plate greens and croutons I let him order one and refused one for me.. hell no. I chose soup not feeling ok ordering anything else. $9 a bowl. My husband had raviollis for $18. I looked at his 7 raviollis and thought.. OMG I know how to make money. The complaining about money aside it was a lovely place, lovely service and the soup was very good. I used to never ever think twice about prices out but we just cant afford splurges like that often. So I had a suprise valentines dinner out that he loved and if I could have gotten into the grove of it would have been a five star experience. And I would NEVER eat out on the set holiday anywhere. Service is horrible those poor guys are running like chickens with their heads cut off and they rush you. Always go before or after but never on. Same as for mothers day.
Old 02-11-2010, 05:04 PM

Why not ask the husbands to cook for the wives?