Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: JoAnn's

Blog Entries
    I got the job!!! I will now be working at JoAnns temporarily and while employed there I shall look for another job!!! but I may be able to be hired on as a normal employee if the business at that store picks up... oh I hope it does!!!!

Blog Entries
    Congrats,on the job hope all goes good for you and business picks up (:)

Quote Originally Posted by Alu_Rathbone
    I got the job!!! I will now be working at JoAnns temporarily and while employed there I shall look for another job!!! but I may be able to be hired on as a normal employee if the business at that store picks up... oh I hope it does!!!!
    I worked at JoAnn in Ft. Lauderdale for 2 years they closed and moved and it was a big job moving i was a Dept manager for the Fabric and you know i had a lot of fabric. I was Sewing for other people ( I had a business) i did not quilt then

That's great. And what fun. Joanns. I would be so tempted by all that fabric.

Good for you.

Blog Entries
    Thank you!

Blog Entries
    YIPPPEEEEEEE!

So happy you got the job. If I worked there, I would be tempted to spend my entire paychecks there! :D

Blog Entries
    congrats :D I know I would never have a paycheck either LOL Glad that I work across town from a Joanns, but if I don't go before work I would never get there unless it would be a weekend. Right now I depend on Mom to take me as I am off work and no vehicle :(

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Quilter7x
    YIPPPEEEEEEE!

So happy you got the job. If I worked there, I would be tempted to spend my entire paychecks there! :D
    I have to seperate my checks... like... x goes to mom to help with bills, x goes towards school (huge chunk) and x goes towards what I want... most likely fabric for a few quilts...

Blog Entries
    CONGRATS ! And how exciting to be able to play with fabric and get paid for it :mrgreen:

Blog Entries
    Well, I know I'm in pretty well with the manager... I think she liked me the moment I said I was going to Elmhurst College... her kids went there!

Congrats Alu-finding a job in this economy is really tough. Good for you.
    I know if I worked in a fabric store I'd owe them more money than my paycheck LOL. Looks like you've got your priorities straight. Good luck!

Congrats!!!

Blog Entries
    Thank You!!!

Congrats on your job. I would find it very hard not to spend my paycheck there. Good luck in that.

Senior Member Dorothy of Kansas's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Congrats Alu! I, too, work at a fabric store and I started as Part-time too. Now I'm the Assistant Manager!!! And that just happened last week!! It is indeed the most fun I could have, by myself!! lol The customers make my day and playing with fabrics and being the first to see it, is awesome!! I LOVE MY JOB!!!! Hope you feel the same way too!

Blog Entries
    I'm hoping to be hired on as a regular employee and not just for the six week remodel! I can really use the money fro school... If I'm able to put 300 (basically a whole check) aside each week from (lets see after the first three checks! lol) March 12th to August 6th... thats $6300 for school... which will be awesome! Of course I may spend some of it here and there for things like Sheets, Laptop and other school related items... but that still leaves me with a good size chunk of change for school...

I am happy for you. I worked at a fabric store for quite a while and loved it. It's fun working where the people that come in are interested in the same thing that I am. I went to work there as my second job to pay for my habit.....buying fabric. I really miss working there

Congratulations!! You have a fun job. I used to work in a quilt shop. Sometimes, I owed money at the end of the week!