Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Has anyone ever found a comfortable bra? >

Has anyone ever found a comfortable bra?

Has anyone ever found a comfortable bra?

Old 05-24-2011, 12:06 PM

Thats where I ordered mine from,
Originally Posted by smagruder
Go to www.HerRoom.com There is a really good tute on how to measure for the correct size.... just a good way to figure out what your size really is.
They also have good prices on their products. I bought pajamas for $22.50 that are $32 in stores.
Good luck. I am looking for a good one myself. You can change sizes. I had wire bras..uncomfortable. good luck
Old 05-24-2011, 12:13 PM

Doghousemom, you have me rolling in the floor laughing!!!! But what you said is oh so true. I'm only 5 feet tall, have absolutely no space between my bust band and waist, and need at least a 38DDD. Have to have underwire and wide stras. And the only ones I can find are padded????
Old 05-24-2011, 12:16 PM

DogHouseMom, I agree with everything you said.

If I'm at home, I'm not wearing a slingshot. No way, no how. Well, unless we are expecting company. Then the slingshot gets put on. If we go to town it also gets put on. Just don't get in my way when we get back home, that puppy is coming off. My problem is that the straps always slide down. If it isn't one side it is the other. A friend said that she uses paper tape to hold her straps in place. Well, I tried that and it worked for me. Ran out of tape, so, picked up some more (in a hurry), not good. I ended up getting the super strength stuff. OMG! When I went to take the tape off, I thought I ripped all of my skin off. Man, did that hurt. Threw that tape out in a hurry. Then I got the idea that I should get some of those plastic thingys that you put on the straps, in the back, to hold them together. I always ask dh to put that thing on the straps, I can't get them on, but boy, I sure can get them off! Lol.

I have been enjoying this thread.
Old 05-24-2011, 12:19 PM

Originally Posted by JulieR
VS, Body by Victoria, full coverage/lightly padded, refit every six months.

Never thought I'd find something there (and sometimes I have to order online to get a good color selection in my size) but it's my One True Love. Swoon. As soon as it starts feeling uncomfortable I go for a measurement and replace it.
Never walk in that store again! I was in there for over 2 hrs. trying on bras and yes I was fitted. The girl had brought me 4-5 bras all of the same make and design, and each one of them fit me differently. She couldn't figure that one out! I hate the underwires too, they hurt my ribs! And every thing that she brought me, fit differently and they were ugly bras! Who needs to have all that padding when you are over 50+? There is no such thing as a comfortable and great fitting bra in this world of the USA! That I know of anyway!
Old 05-24-2011, 12:30 PM

the breezies have wide straps so they dont dig in. they are very comfortable. they are from qvc. the item # 49907. i have worn these for 8 years. they have other styles u might like also.
Old 05-24-2011, 12:40 PM

Location: Currently Mosquito (which is outside of Placerville) California

Okay....so even after a reduction that took off half of my cup size, I still can't see my feet. The only bra that I have ever found that really fits, is well made and doesn't cost an arm and a leg are the Playtex ones. My very favorite is RN 15763. It breathes, it moves with me, it keeps the girls up where they belong and while it isn't sexy, it makes my clothes fit better so they look sexier. I wish I could where something from Victoria's secret, but like someone else said...they're only for decoration and from my perspective quite uncomfortable. The Olgas and Balis and Maidenforms just don't cut it.
Old 05-24-2011, 12:43 PM

My neighbor loves the Genie bra. She bought it from an infomercial on TV. She is rather full busted and swear it is the most comfortable bra she has ever worn.
Old 05-24-2011, 12:55 PM

why do bras have to be so expensive????
They are uncomfortable things, I only wear one when I go out in public.
I wear Lane Bryant wire free bras and they're better than
some.
Old 05-24-2011, 01:09 PM

Well, we seem to be bareing all here, from chin hairs to bad bras!
I have little boobs,am big around and all the makers seem to think if you are big around you must be a D cup. Not. My bra would cut into me if I got it tight enough to not ride up and if it was loose enough it would slide up because I didn't have enoughin the cup to keep it down. I do private duty nursing and work 12 hours and by 2 am I felt like my living bra was eating me. If I wore a front hook I could undo the bottom 3 snaps but that was only while the family slept and would eventually have to hook up again. Finally I took a fairly good fitting bra ,cut out the snaps and put some elastic there leaving it sl loose. Now it was comfortable around I had to address the ride up issue. I cut off a tee shirt that fit slightly snug around and sewed it to the bottom of the bra. Now it is loose enough to tuck in my pants and it doesn't ride up. Finally I am comfortable.
Old 05-24-2011, 01:15 PM

Finally. My daughter took me to Victoria Secrets and had me try on the Bomb (just for laughs) and then she had me try on a Bra with the words "naked" in the name. I really don't mind wearing this one (when I am not at home)