Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 4 1 2 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 88

Thread: IT has been 2 1/2 years getting here!

  1. #1
    Mimito2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Oak Ridge TN
    Posts
    884
    I got laid off from my job in Nov of 08. TODAY I interviewed at noon. The store closed at 7pm and about 9pm the owner called and asked me if I "would take" the job. I could not breathe.... I really hope he did not hear the war-hoop I let out as I hung up the phone. I am sure there was an earthquake recorded from me jumping up and down. I am so excited I can't go to sleep. The job is in my field (customer service) is 20 minutes from my house in a small family owned business. He told me I could start anytime but I requested to start next Tuesday to give me time to get my "ducks in a row". My family is, of coarse, upset because they just lost their maid and free babysitter. I do really feel so bad for them!!!LOL
    Thank you to all my Quilty friends that have remembered me in your prayers.

  2. #2
    Power Poster alikat110's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Waco, Texas
    Posts
    15,217
    Blog Entries
    9
    Congrats. So happy for you!!! Just think of the benefits of extra income

  3. #3
    Moderator Jim's Gem's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Camarillo, California
    Posts
    35,480
    Congratulations on getting a job!! That's great news!

  4. #4
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Enid, OK
    Posts
    8,923
    Blog Entries
    1
    I am happy for you...wish it were MY turn...I keep interviewing but get nowhere!

    Love that your family now has to find NEW maids and sitters..hehehe that helps increase the jobs right???

  5. #5
    Google Goddess craftybear's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Central Indiana (USA)
    Posts
    30,667
    Blog Entries
    194
    Congratulations! that is great news!!!


    Quote Originally Posted by Mimito2
    I got laid off from my job in Nov of 08. TODAY I interviewed at noon. The store closed at 7pm and about 9pm the owner called and asked me if I "would take" the job. I could not breathe.... I really hope he did not hear the war-hoop I let out as I hung up the phone. I am sure there was an earthquake recorded from me jumping up and down. I am so excited I can't go to sleep. The job is in my field (customer service) is 20 minutes from my house in a small family owned business. He told me I could start anytime but I requested to start next Tuesday to give me time to get my "ducks in a row". My family is, of coarse, upset because they just lost their maid and free babysitter. I do really feel so bad for them!!!LOL
    Thank you to all my Quilty friends that have remembered me in your prayers.

  6. #6
    Power Poster earthwalker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Perth, Western Australia
    Posts
    10,297
    What great news. Congratulations and all the best for your "first day".

  7. #7
    np3
    np3 is offline
    Power Poster np3's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Bakersfield, CA
    Posts
    14,032
    Blog Entries
    7
    That is just wonderful news. Get those ducks lined up and have a great new start!

  8. #8
    Mimito2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Oak Ridge TN
    Posts
    884
    Quote Originally Posted by jaciqltznok
    I am happy for you...wish it were MY turn...I keep interviewing but get nowhere!

    Love that your family now has to find NEW maids and sitters..hehehe that helps increase the jobs right???
    I got so frustrated from trying so hard that I just stopped looking. This one was just a fluke that I even looked in the help wanted on craig's list. I had gotten to the point that when I would go in the door for the interview I would say out loud "God if this is where I am supposed to be you will put me here" When I left the interview today the owner asked if I wanted to be called if I did not get the job. He really looked surprised when I told him definitely! & if I was not hired I would like to know why because that would be something I would need to work on before my next interview. He was not supposed to call until Friday. (Still can't believe he called tonight)
    Please be patient. DON"T give up! The right job at the right time will come along. I am living proof! I will ask in my prayers that you will be Blessed also.

  9. #9
    Super Member amyjo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    North Dakota
    Posts
    2,394
    Blog Entries
    18
    Congratulations on your new job. I bet you did the happy dance and the war whooping!!! I would too. I was so glad when I got my jobs that I can hardly believe it. One pays for our insurance and the other helps pay for the gas and the food on the table, plus the phone and the electric and a few quilting things.

  10. #10
    Power Poster blueangel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Kansas
    Posts
    20,480
    That's wonderful.

  11. #11
    Power Poster earthwalker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Perth, Western Australia
    Posts
    10,297
    Quote Originally Posted by Mimito2
    Quote Originally Posted by jaciqltznok
    I am happy for you...wish it were MY turn...I keep interviewing but get nowhere!

    Love that your family now has to find NEW maids and sitters..hehehe that helps increase the jobs right???
    I got so frustrated from trying so hard that I just stopped looking. This one was just a fluke that I even looked in the help wanted on craig's list. I had gotten to the point that when I would go in the door for the interview I would say out loud "God if this is where I am supposed to be you will put me here" When I left the interview today the owner asked if I wanted to be called if I did not get the job. He really looked surprised when I told him definitely! & if I was not hired I would like to know why because that would be something I would need to work on before my next interview. He was not supposed to call until Friday. (Still can't believe he called tonight)
    Please be patient. DON"T give up! The right job at the right time will come along. I am living proof! I will ask in my prayers that you will be Blessed also.
    If I were him I would also leap at the chance to hire you. Your response was just the kind of comment employers love to hear. Many job-hunters, (especially mature age) lack a bit of confidence and can (unwittingly) appear disinterested or somewhat staid or inflexible (when usually it's just nerves or the fear of rejection). As we say here in Aus. "Good on Ya" - persistence always pays off.

  12. #12
    Super Member quiltjoey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    SC
    Posts
    2,078
    You go Girl!!!! Congratulations!!! I so happy for you!!

  13. #13
    Super Member gaby4v's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    close to the grand babies!!!
    Posts
    2,198
    Blog Entries
    3
    Congrats!!! I am really happy for you!!!

  14. #14
    Senior Member suzee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Bloomington, Indiana
    Posts
    595
    Congratulations! Just think of all the $$ you will have to spend on fabric!

  15. #15
    Super Member nursie76's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    North Central PA
    Posts
    5,633
    Oh congratulations! What wonderful news. Ya know, I do think I felt a minor tremor just about that time...LOL

  16. #16
    Super Member pab58's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    near Tucson, Arizona
    Posts
    6,222
    Blog Entries
    1
    How absolutely WONDERFUL!!!!!!!! :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: I'm so very happy for you!!!!!

    I was told on June 16 that my contract for this coming school year would not be renewed. Pray that something will come along for me. :|

  17. #17
    Super Member scowlkat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    2,531
    Blog Entries
    11
    Yippeeee! So happy for you - and know how you feel! My son has been back at work for two weeks and been off for almost three years! Maybe things are starting to perk up here in good 'ole Tennessee!

  18. #18
    Super Member GGinMcKinney's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    N Texas
    Posts
    1,140
    Happy Dance for you! That was the right answer for sure! I would have hired you, also!!!

  19. #19
    Senior Member misscarol's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    883
    Congratulations!

  20. #20
    Super Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Chula Vista CA
    Posts
    5,984
    So very happy for you!

  21. #21
    Super Member PurplePassion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Southern MN
    Posts
    2,622
    Great for you!

  22. #22
    Senior Member cashmommy11's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    church hill,tn
    Posts
    577
    so happy for you enjoy you new job..

  23. #23
    Super Member suebee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Arizona
    Posts
    4,080
    Fantastic!!! CONGRATS.

  24. #24
    Super Member julia58's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Southwest Virginia
    Posts
    1,879
    Blog Entries
    1
    Great news for you. Good luck with the new job. And hope you can get some rest.

  25. #25
    Super Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    El Paso, Tx
    Posts
    1,099
    Doing the happy dance for ya...

Page 1 of 4 1 2 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

SEO by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.