Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Have You Had This Stomach Virus? >

Have You Had This Stomach Virus?

Have You Had This Stomach Virus?

Old 03-02-2010, 05:36 AM

How are you feeling this morning Marsye?
Old 03-02-2010, 05:40 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by Quilter7x
Bout the same I think. Had a rough night with nausea. But I don't have time for this crap so I'm kicking it out today!!!!!!
Thanks for asking! :roll:
Old 03-02-2010, 05:44 AM

You go girl! :D
Old 03-02-2010, 06:59 AM

Even if you don't like oatmeal. Try some with bananas. Drink lots of water, you don't want to become dehydrated or you could wind up in the hospital. Have you called your doctor's office, or call your pharmacist, they could recommend some over the counter.
Did you eat chicken within the last 36 hours before coming down with it. If so, that is the culprit.(this info came from a physician)It is normally food born. If it is a virus, it should be gone in a few days.If it is a bacteria from food or food handling, you need to be taking perscription medication.
Do be careful with this, if it continues for another day, please call your doctor.
Take care, we all want you to feel better.
D in TX
Old 03-02-2010, 07:01 AM

I had the same type of thing just after Christmas. It lasted about 6 days. . . lots of Power Aid helped keep me hydritated. I'm sorry to hear you have it - I know how miserable it can be :(
Old 03-02-2010, 07:14 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by Diana
Even if you don't like oatmeal. Try some with bananas. Drink lots of water, you don't want to become dehydrated or you could wind up in the hospital. Have you called your doctor's office, or call your pharmacist, they could recommend some over the counter.
Did you eat chicken within the last 36 hours before coming down with it. If so, that is the culprit.(this info came from a physician)It is normally food born. If it is a virus, it should be gone in a few days.If it is a bacteria from food or food handling, you need to be taking perscription medication.
Do be careful with this, if it continues for another day, please call your doctor.
Take care, we all want you to feel better.
D in TX
My MIL has been in ICU in a Tx hospital for days. We spent 3 days and nights there at the hospital with her. One of the head nurses told us that this was going around and to wash our hands often. She said 4 of her nurses was out with it and it was widespread in the schools down there....Marshall, Longview, Tyler area. The symptoms she decribed is exactly what I have. My hubs has gone back to be with her but I had to stay here. I think I'm feeling better today, I'm hoping anyway. I don't ever get sick! :oops: Thanks!
Old 03-02-2010, 07:49 AM
Banned

Hope you're better soon. I can sympathize wiht you as I had a flu that lasted 10 days during December. Was too sick to get up on Christmas.
Old 03-02-2010, 10:23 AM

I was gonna ask that, but you beat me to it.

Marsye, have you been able to drag yourself to your sewing machine yet?..lol If not your not quite up to par yet.
Old 03-02-2010, 11:03 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by Chasing Hawk
I was gonna ask that, but you beat me to it.

Marsye, have you been able to drag yourself to your sewing machine yet?..lol If not your not quite up to par yet.
I have orders that come in constantly so I've been working right thru this crap. :wink: My hubs says I won't lay down until I die because I'm a workaholic but we can't survive on his disability so I just keep chugging along. :thumbup: Ok if I drink ginger ale? I'm so sick of Gatorade. :hunf:
Old 03-02-2010, 01:06 PM

Yep, ginger ale should be good too.