Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Have You Had This Stomach Virus? >

Have You Had This Stomach Virus?

Have You Had This Stomach Virus?

Old 03-01-2010, 01:08 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Quilter7x
But the question is, are you keeping it down?
down or do you mean up? :lol: So far!!!
Old 03-01-2010, 01:08 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by amma
I hope the Gator Aide helps hydrate you and gets you feeling better soon!!! (((HUGS)))
Old 03-01-2010, 01:46 PM

Originally Posted by marsye
Maybe I should have said IN! :lol:

Are you feeling better at all today? You sound like you're in fairly good spirits.
Old 03-01-2010, 02:11 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by marsye
Maybe I should have said IN! :lol:

Are you feeling better at all today? You sound like you're in fairly good spirits.
I thought about that too :lol:
I'm not laying in bed by any means because I have orders to get out but I'm just so nauseated its wearing me out. But I'm tuff, I'll live. :thumbup: Good spirits? I cracked jokes at my Dads funeral...you gotta have a sense of humor to make it thru sometimes. :lol:
Old 03-01-2010, 02:17 PM

So Sorry to hear you got the crud!
My husband & I had it , me for a day & half, him for 3.... that was a month ago... it's still making it's way around the University, my boss is out today with it, her assistant had it last week.... The only really good thing to come out of it; I lost 4 lbs that week woo hoo. I'd do the BRAT diet too, take it easy on the juice, too much sugar; Gatorade will help with electrolytes... Get better soon!
Old 03-01-2010, 05:20 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by vjengels
So Sorry to hear you got the crud!
My husband & I had it , me for a day & half, him for 3.... that was a month ago... it's still making it's way around the University, my boss is out today with it, her assistant had it last week.... The only really good thing to come out of it; I lost 4 lbs that week woo hoo. I'd do the BRAT diet too, take it easy on the juice, too much sugar; Gatorade will help with electrolytes... Get better soon!
I think I just lost 4 pounds too....it came out of both ends! Boy does my stomach feel better........for now. :lol: sorry!!!! LOL
Old 03-01-2010, 05:27 PM

The avatar in my husband out taking pictures in Thurmond,West Virginia. Looks cold doesn't it? No I wasn't there, his sister took the photo.
Karen
Old 03-01-2010, 05:57 PM

After gloating for two months that I was going to be home alone for a week, I finally got to the big weekend. Dropped DH off at the train station Saturday, took DD back to college on Sunday, and was ready to have a great week. It was the week that started with Martin Luther King, Jr. Day.

I woke up in the middle of the night sicker than I have ever been. Thought it might be food poisoning. Without a lot of gross details, I'll just say I had to do laundry... At one point I actually started getting nervous about being so sick and home alone.

On the 2nd day, I was able to keep a little ginger ale and ice chips down. Day three I enjoyed jello. Day four chicken noodle soup. Day five I went back to work.

The school nurse said that in our area (upstate/western NY), it was confirmed that the norovirus was running rampant. Yeah, well, something was running, that's for sure. My sewing days, as well as the day a friend and I were to a little road trip with a nice lunch & shopping all fell by the wayside.

Hope you are feeling better soon - and that for those who haven't yet had it, I hope you don't get it!
Old 03-01-2010, 06:26 PM

I believe i am coming down with the virus also i have Diarrhea and cold chills. I don;t need this with other things going on with me
Old 03-01-2010, 09:35 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Jerrie
I believe i am coming down with the virus also i have Diarrhea and cold chills. I don;t need this with other things going on with me
Yep, sounds like you got it. I am hot natured and have hot flashes but been freezing since this started. I'm going into my 5th day. All I can say is stay close, very close to the bathroom. :lol: