Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Have you seen all parts of your own country yet? >

Have you seen all parts of your own country yet?

Have you seen all parts of your own country yet?

Old 01-15-2011, 08:47 AM

Location: Orchard Park, NY (near Buffalo, which is near Niagara Falls)

On my wish list... to see the desert in bloom, and to see the Rockies, and to see a tall-grass prairie.

(sigh & dream)
Old 01-15-2011, 09:14 AM

Originally Posted by Favorite Fabrics
On my wish list... to see the desert in bloom, and to see the Rockies, and to see a tall-grass prairie.

(sigh & dream)
Come on out - I can get you to the Rockies and you can see the prairie on our ranch!
Old 01-15-2011, 09:40 AM

I have seem a lot of the USA, from Nova Scotia, Canada all the way down to FLorida. Then as far west as El Paso Tx. and up to Sault Ste. Marie, Michigan. Yes we have traveled quite a bit but have missed most of the western and north western states. Probably never will get there as DH is not well enough to travel. But no complaints Life has been good
Old 01-15-2011, 09:42 AM

I've been to about 25 of the states, would love to see the rest, but dh has lost interest in traveling.
Old 01-15-2011, 11:01 AM

I have lived in New Mexico, Texas, Oregon, Arizona, Nebraska, Wyoming, Oklahoma, New York, and Florida(both coasts). In addition I have spent time doing college classes(geology) or vacationing in North and South Dakota, Colorado, California, Montana, Illinois, South Carolina, Alabama, Virginia, Arkansas, Tennessee plus revisiting states I lived in. Now that I'm older-and have less money for traveling- I don't go as much but enjoyed very much seeing so many different places.
Old 01-15-2011, 12:14 PM

oh I am so envious of your mode of transportation
moonwork..
Been to both coasts up and down, ohio and new york. loved oregon coast and the carolina coasts the best.
Old 01-15-2011, 12:25 PM

My dream is to someday buy a trailer and drive all over the country camping. I would love to see all of the states.
Old 01-15-2011, 12:31 PM

I've driven from coast to coast in Canada -- British Columbia to Newfoundland. I've also done extensive travel in Nova Scotia, PEI, Ontario, and, of course, here in Newfoundland. As far as travel in the US, I've driven from Buffalo to Florida and back from Florida to Michigan, and have travelled through the New England states, and and in California.
Old 01-15-2011, 12:37 PM

Once I met my husband he was frm CA he took me around my state to places I had never seen. It is amazing how I only lived in a 10 mile area. Our state is beautiful I would have to say when we visited DC I we went to Virginia and Pennsylvania those are 2 place I would love to live.
Old 01-15-2011, 01:16 PM

Originally Posted by Jim's Gem
My dream is to someday buy a trailer and drive all over the country camping. I would love to see all of the states.
Start soon...don't wait until you retire! Too many times we wait and then don't have health, eyesight, resources, companions, etc. Better to go on a budget than not at all. We've traveled to all but 14, and enjoyed every trip. Have to fly now if we go, and you miss so much! It was lots more fun on a motorcycle and/or camping! :wink: