Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Heading Into Business!!

Make sure you incorporate! It will save your butt and your house and your savings if any customer decides to sue. Open to the public, you will eventually have a disgruntled sue happy customer.
    I believe giving what I can will never cause me to be in need.
    Being cheap is not a badge of honor.
    My heroes are working people, paying their own way, taking care of their children and being decent human beings.

Congratulations on you new adventure, much success to you!!!

Congratulations on your new business venture. I hope it succeeds beyond your wildest dreams.

Blog Entries
    Good for you! I hope it goes well for you
    Patski
    always learning

Congratulations and the best to you and your new business! Hope it turns out to be everything you wished for! Blessings!

Quote Originally Posted by sandy l View Post
    Congratulations on taking the plunge. What's the name of your new business?
    I've named it "A Touch Of Tabitha". This name has two meanings behind it. For years now my kid sister, 12 years my junior, has been visiting me every summer between school breaks and she goes with me to my quilting groups. She was frustrated when she made a mistake once and a friend said, "That's just a designer's touch." Since then, she's had more confidence and we refer to all of our sewing oops as "Designer's Touches" now. And, as a Christian, I often make quilts to donate, thinking of how Dorcas, AKA Tabitha, from the village of Joppa would sew for the poor widows of her area. So, I really want to continue to do this. When I get some extra time with nothing on my schedule I will make up child sized quilts and take them to the local children's hospital. At the fair, though, I learned that Vera House will also take donations! So, this business will help to also afford my charitable giving.
    "Love is not love which alters when it alteration finds, or bends with the remover to remove."

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2