Hearing aids

Old 09-02-2017, 05:58 PM

First contact your medical insurance to see how much they pay. Also my union has a benefit also that pays after the med insurance. Second find an "audiologist" This is a medically trained hearing aid tester. Others are "salesmen and women" Good Luck!
Old 09-04-2017, 05:28 AM

I currently wear the Dot 2 by Resound for the past 3 years. The tiny received fits in the ear canal with a clear thin wire up to where the battery compartment sits behind my ear. I love them! They were heavily discounted because they were "last years" model. Before that I wore the ones that fit all the way in the ear canal, they were Audibel's. They lasted for 7 years. I found the Resound behind the ear way more comfortable. I have nerve deafness in both ears and was born with it. I wore the big clunky hearing aids when I was a child back in the 60's and the kids in school were so cruel. I stopped wearing them. As I got older my hearing got a lot worse and finally broke down 10 years ago and got them. What a difference it had made in my life, relationships and work. Insurance did not pay anything. The first day I wore them 10 years ago I came home from the Dr's office and walked across the yard to my husband and heard the grass and leaves crunch under my feet for the first time in my life. We both started crying. A truly amazing discovery.
Old 09-04-2017, 09:53 AM
mim

my husband and I both wear Miracle Ear hearing aids. I have had a different brand before and there was no service.

Miracle Ear has several different kinds. What I really like is that we go twice a year for "tune-ups. The aids are programmable and the different levels can be adjusted. My loss is in the high range (bird sounds, womens voices on the phone etc) His in the low range (low male voices). Our aids have directional microphones so we can shut off sounds from the rear when we are in a group and just concentrate of people talkin to us.

Once a year we also get a hearing test. All the service is free.
Old 09-05-2017, 04:14 PM
Power Poster

so many of our young will be deaf soon with all the ear buds they use constantly. I would home Medicare would cover the costs partly by then.
Old 09-05-2017, 04:33 PM

dh went to cosco, they will take them back for 60 days