Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Heart attack symptoms for Women and why you need ICE on your phone >

Heart attack symptoms for Women and why you need ICE on your phone

Heart attack symptoms for Women and why you need ICE on your phone

Old 06-21-2012, 02:38 AM

very informative.Thank you.
Old 06-21-2012, 08:29 AM

I also use this site: http://www.mediguard.org/
You can print out a list of all your meds and any health conditions you have and keep it in your wallet. You can also subscribe to email which informs you of new alerts about medications you take and if you are at risk of any interactions because of them. I list all my vitamins and supplements on my list too. My car insurance company always provides me with two cards, so I keep one in the glove box, and one in my wallet. This is another good way for the hospital to find out who you are and whom to contact.

Sometimes when I'm shopping I do not have my wallet with me, but I usually DO have my phone with me. I just keep my charge card in my pocket. Many people are aware of ICE so if they come upon an accident they may try to search your contacts. Of course they can try your speed dial contacts too. Also, when I'm shopping I usually have my coupon holder, so I have an old insurance card and contact information and my medline list in there. It has a pocket that is visible from the outside, so hopefully someone could find that info.
Old 06-21-2012, 04:50 PM

Please, please, please, remember not to move a person who's been in an accident! Even the slightest movement (like trying to get their cell phone out of their pocket) can injure an accident victim further. Call 911 from YOUR phone and leave the "contacting" to the professional first responders - they are the ones who are trained to call families in an emergency situation - they know what to say and how to say it.

Remember keep your info in a wallet - not just your cell phone. (BTW - cell phones are often damaged beyond use in accidents or "lost" in the wreckage, so ICE is of little use in these instances. Wallets and purses are usually found quickly, and are usually intact).

One last thing in this same vein (no pun intended) - a File of Life can literally save your life. This is a small sized form that is filled out by you (or your doctor) and placed on the refrigerator. Ambulance companies, pharmacies, etc. usually have magnetic sleeves that hold the forms (size of a business card). First responders are trained to look for this file when they enter your home. They are a necessity if you can't speak for yourself. Form has all your contact info, insurance info, medications, past medical history, religion...anything deemed important for your care. Files have saved many lives. Get one for each family member. It could save your life....I was an EMT (Boston) in my past life... now I just quilt. Don't mean to preach, but these issues are important to me.

Lastly, the info on heart attacks in women was great and we all need to keep these things in mind, especially as we age (who me?) and have more and more stresses in our lives. Thanks so much for posting.

Last edited by ILoveToQuilt; 06-21-2012 at 05:02 PM.