Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Help! Hubby tracked black dirt onto beige carpet! >

Help! Hubby tracked black dirt onto beige carpet!

Help! Hubby tracked black dirt onto beige carpet!

Old 01-23-2010, 10:16 AM
Power Poster

I live in Missouri we have dollar general stores. not a dollar only store although dollar tree also sells this product. it's called "awesome" it is a golden color works great on almost anything. it's amazing. it's a concentrate but can be used straight out of the bottle for really tough stains. it takes car grease out and mold off of vynyl siding and spots out of clothes and carpets.it cuts right through kitchen grease. Best part is it sells for about $1 a bottle almost a qt. like I said you even delute this for general cleaning. just spray it on wait about 5 min. rub with a soft brush and wipe up dirt with clean damp cloth.good luck Mary
Old 01-23-2010, 12:29 PM

i buy an off brand of simple green at the Family Dollar store it cost 5 bucks here and it works the same and smells the same dont remember the name but its good and its in a gallon jug
Old 01-23-2010, 06:20 PM

Try mean green works wonderful on stains for me . Also this is a product at the dollar tree that is very good on grease . the name is --awesome--the man at the oreck store told me about it will desole grease in a matter of seconds
Old 01-23-2010, 08:13 PM

If you have Norwex cloths, they do a great job getting dirts out of carpets. Lots of elbow grease but it will save the $ to be spent where it ought to be...at the fabric store!
Old 01-23-2010, 10:59 PM

Don't know if you want to try this but my niece just got off some blue frosting stains from a white child's pj with 1 qt water, 1 T vinegar, 1 t. detergent. Let me know ifyou try it, how it works.
Old 01-24-2010, 07:07 AM

Sorry it took me so long to write back. It was hard to find a place to bury the body! :shock: :twisted: :lol:
I'm not sure what it is made of, the only label on the rug just states that it is flammable and not to put it close to an ignition source! After the rug has dried the gray area kinda faded away. I'm headed up to Dollar Tree today and plan to pick up some oxyclean maybe even a can of shaving cream. If that doesn't get all the dingies out I'll soak the rug in the tub in a little bleach water. The rug is roughly 3'x2'.
I told hubby I wanted to get a steam cleaner (heck even one of those spotbots). My hubby is spastic when he wakes up and that doesn't mix with coffee. :roll:
Thanks everyone
Old 01-24-2010, 07:46 AM

I use club soda on spills like wine or soda (specially dark sodas) and it worked on cat barf so maybe.. pour it on a bit .. let it sit a couple minutes and see what happens. Frustrating as all heck and the mud will come up, if you have to borrow someones home shampoo machine mud comes up. Had two dogs come running in like bafoons once, my x let them in said its my own fault for letting them outside. I had a towel at the door to wipe their feet he didnt wipe and didnt clean it. Machine worked amazingly well. Next time, let the mud DRY first.
Old 01-24-2010, 09:52 AM
Power Poster

since your rug is small you can sray awesome on it and then rinse it off in the tub or shower. while your at the dollar tree you can get some awesome too. I also use it in my kirby shampooer.it deoderizes too. good luck girl Mary
Old 01-28-2010, 11:04 AM

Ph, Marsye! I'm on the second page and can't stop laughing. Thanks for the chuckle.
Old 01-28-2010, 11:05 AM

Now I'm laughing at myself. I meant "Oh" Marsye, not "Ph" Marsye.