Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: help needed for cleaning my black kitchen range

After cleaning the actual grease off with soapy wet rag and then Rinsing, I use Weiman stove top cleaner/polish. I also use weiman stainless steel cleaner/polish. Both work great to clean and polish - looks like new. I get the products at Walmart.
    Cynthia

Quote Originally Posted by ctrysass2012 View Post
    1 of my clients has stainless frig, stove, D/W I found a product online called Cerama-brite for stainless.It wipes on & 2nd dry cloth wipes off. Only thing I found that works good & fast.
    I moved this year and left behind my black gas stove (thank goodness!!) I would NEVER ever buy another black stove. Now I have a black ceramic electric stove top and they recommend the Cerama-Brite. I ordered some from Amazon and it does a great job on the stainless, too.

I used microfibre on the gas stove and got it streak free but was never able to get a couple of burnt on places cleaned up. Fortunately, the stove was pretty new and a guy bought my condo so he probably didn't even notice the crusty spots.

Now, about black ceramic sinks. I had one of those, too, thinking I'd be free of the so-called stainless sink but it didn't work out all that well. The sink got really dull looking and the only way I found to restore the shine was to use oil on it. A real nuisance and I had to be careful not to get a build up of the oil. I don't recommend the black sink option.
    Pat

Blog Entries
    I use the dry powder cleaner on my black stove-it is call the Bar Keepers Friend-in a canister looks like Comet cleaner-works like a pro and soap and water clean up with paper toweling-takes off all spills and I use it on a scouring sponge

Power Poster
    Blog Entries
    I totally agree. My stove is white gas with the black trays. takes me all of 5 minutes to clean. I just stick the trays into the sink with Dawn and while that's going on, I wipe up the rest of the stove with the microfiber cloths and sweep the floor then finish cleaning the trays and grates put back done. I love the microfiber cloths for dishes. Won't use anything else. If you do it right after using or even at the last meal, you won't have to spend all that extra hard effort to clean it. Clean as you go. Not taking that 5 minutes just creates a build up.
    Quote Originally Posted by sewvic View Post
    I too have a black stove and I always use a microfiber cleaning cloth on it. That seems to get the dirt off and leave it sparkling clean with no spots. I rarely ever use any cleaning products, and my stove really gets dirty. Love those microfibers.

I use straight white vinegar or orange oil they do great for me.

Blog Entries
    The directions for my black glass top Whirlpool range says not to use windex as the glass is porus. I use soda and vinegar. Works great. Rinse and dry with micro fiber cloth.

I have a black range along with other kitchen appliances and I find like you that it is hard to get clean and look shiny. When the sun shines in the window I see dust on it. Thanks for asking how to deal with it. Am reading through responses.

I hate my Black stove.. just saying..It sure wasn't my idea to get it.. But i still have to clean the darn thing.. I use Vinegar on it and always dry it off with a soft towel or rag to get the streaks off of it... If I had to do over I will stay with white from now on.....

So far nothing beats...... L.A. Awesome spray cleaner degreaser from the Dollar Tree...
    my stove looks like new...not a black one but gets a work out with the cooking and canning I do
    spray and scrub if needed and wipe it off...........I keep a spray bottle all over the house.... wonderful
    on stains on clothes.... cleanes black off thing on the porch in a flash... so far it cleans everything...
    but I only like the yellow one... have tried orange and purple but they are not as good
    and you cant beat the price so far I have not found anything it will not clean good luck

Quote Originally Posted by marshaKay View Post
    WD40 is GREAT! The main ingredient is fish oil. Works like a polish on all kinds of stuff. Best for glass top stoves, stainless fridge fronts, dishwasher fronts, oven doors. Microwave doors. Not just for squeaky things. Best to spray on your bait too. Guaranteed to catch you a fish. Google all the uses, you WILL be astonished.
    .Black appliances have met their match..
    google helped me decide to use it on my stainless steel appliances. Just a tiny bit on cloth, don't spray on the appliance, and it has worked great on everything but the freezer of my frig. It is greatly improved though. I have about 6 different stainless steel cleaners here and none work. WD40 worked the best and I'm guessing it will work on black appliances too. As far as the smell, I am not sensitive to it, have no chemical sensitivities and once it is on the cloth, for me, the odor dissipates very quickly. No one here knows I use it because they can't smell it.
    Alyce

Quote Originally Posted by sjwnana View Post
    So far nothing beats...... L.A. Awesome spray cleaner degreaser from the Dollar Tree...
    my stove looks like new...not a black one but gets a work out with the cooking and canning I do
    spray and scrub if needed and wipe it off...........I keep a spray bottle all over the house.... wonderful
    on stains on clothes.... cleanes black off thing on the porch in a flash... so far it cleans everything...
    but I only like the yellow one... have tried orange and purple but they are not as good
    and you cant beat the price so far I have not found anything it will not clean good luck
    It is so interesting that some products work for some of us and some don't. After reading on here how great that Awesome spray worked I got some and it didn't work on anything I tried it on here! Gave it a few tries here and there and then threw it out.

Oh, and WD40 takes grease stains out of clothes! Who knew. It worked for me.
    Alyce

Quote Originally Posted by Material Witness View Post
    WD 40. More like a polish.
    I love the smell of WD-40 in the morning.

I use the stuff all the time, it works great on getting the nasty gunk off machinery.
    Everyone is born right handed, only the gifted overcome it.
    I have already committed my felonies, so people don't have to worry. (Russell Means)
    I swear to you, I am guilty of only being Indian. That's why I am here. (Leonard Peltier)
    “If you can’t see a mistake from 12 feet away, it doesn’t exist, and there are no perfect quilts and that helps a lot,” .......Greg Biornstad

Power Poster
    I used Lysol cleaner. I put it in a spray bottle and always used it to clean my black stove. It made it shine..

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2