Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Help ! Needing Boxtops for education.. >

Help ! Needing Boxtops for education..

Help ! Needing Boxtops for education..

Old 10-02-2010, 11:59 AM

Location: A Hop from Heaven, a Skip from Sanity and a Jump from the Good Life....

Originally Posted by ptquilts
Wouldn't it be nice if our congressmen had to collect box tops when they wanted to take a charter flight somewhere or any of their other perks...And the schools had everything they needed?
Oh god yes!!!!
Old 10-04-2010, 04:41 AM

Location: A Hop from Heaven, a Skip from Sanity and a Jump from the Good Life....

thanks again to those who have responded and are sendiong me boxtops...

The school desperately needs so many things, but right now we are focused on getting them an adequate playground.. Can you imagine a school with little to no playground equipment? When the school was built it had gone over budget and the playground got jipped. So please,if you have any boxtops in your cabinets, in the refrigerator please clip them and send them my way. Any help would be appreciated.. This will be a constant collection but Oct 20 is the count day- to see how many have been collected in this time frame..

Thanks again..
Old 10-04-2010, 04:41 AM

whoops did a repeat.. However Ill utilize it to say..

Thanks again..
Old 10-04-2010, 05:50 AM

For those who work in an office, I just noticed that the Avery labels boxes have some of the boxtop stamps.
Old 10-04-2010, 08:49 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by luvTooQuilt
The school desperately needs so many things, but right now we are focused on getting them an adequate playground.. Can you imagine a school with little to no playground equipment?
I hope this isn't taken the wrong way, as I certainly think it is worthwhile to collect boxtops for a playground. I just couldn't help but think back to my elementary school days. I don't know what other schools had, but ours certainly had no playground equipment. I attended that school for 9 years (k-8th) and during that time we all played on the school's parking lot with jump ropes we brought from home, bats and balls we brought from home, etc. Fortunately, it was a large parking lot!

One thing I will say about our school is that every one of us learned to read, write, and do math. We were all polite to our elders too......

Times have really changed!
Old 10-04-2010, 11:36 AM

Originally Posted by Prism99
Originally Posted by luvTooQuilt
The school desperately needs so many things, but right now we are focused on getting them an adequate playground.. Can you imagine a school with little to no playground equipment?
I hope this isn't taken the wrong way, as I certainly think it is worthwhile to collect boxtops for a playground. I just couldn't help but think back to my elementary school days. I don't know what other schools had, but ours certainly had no playground equipment. I attended that school for 9 years (k-8th) and during that time we all played on the school's parking lot with jump ropes we brought from home, bats and balls we brought from home, etc. Fortunately, it was a large parking lot!

One thing I will say about our school is that every one of us learned to read, write, and do math. We were all polite to our elders too......

Times have really changed!
times have changed!!!! - Nowadays if i child brings a bat from home is considered a weapon..Suspension and expulsion follows, No matter what the reasoning is behind it...And yes, the older kids play in the bus drop off lot because there is no playground for them.. As a parent I would like a safe environment for my child. Hence the fund raising. Its sad that we live in a world that we can't trust our neighbors like our parents did..

Prism99 -If you feel that they should play like you did in a parking lot, don't feel inclined to send any boxtops. I hear what you are saying. But As a parent I want better for my child. I want them including mine and my neighbors children to have more, much more that the school itself cannot afford. And I am trying to do the fundraising in many ways including boxtops, company donations and even money raising gift items.. the community is involved. We just need more help that we have..

Thanks to those who have helped us.. It is greatly appreciate..
Old 10-07-2010, 02:32 PM

THANK YOU.. THANK YOU.. THANK YOU...
What a wonderful surprise I rec'd in the mail today..
I got envelopes with Boxtops in them.. Yay!!!! My lil kindergartner was excited to fill her collection sheets..

Thank you Dreamboat
Thank you Sadiesue
Thank you Sewmuch

Thank you soooooo much for helping Miller Elementary.

We need every penny we can get so if anyone can send some our way we would appreciate it greatly!!!!!

Filling the collection sheet
[ATTACH=CONFIG]104117[/ATTACH]

Almost filled..
[ATTACH=CONFIG]104118[/ATTACH]

A personal thank you from my lil girl..
[ATTACH=CONFIG]104119[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-104112.jpe   attachment-104113.jpe   attachment-104114.jpe  
Old 10-23-2010, 07:44 AM

Whoo hoo...

My daughter was able to collect 250 boxtops from friends, family, neighbors and lots of WONDERFUL QUILTING BOARD MEMBERS!!!! A big thank you for helping her school raise money.. This contest may be over but another one will soon follow so please keep collecting as we will be collecting them all school year...

Thank you RatherBQuilting
Thank you SewMuch-

your boxtops put us to 250!!!!

A BIG thanks & an I love you from my daughter ...
Attached Thumbnails attachment-101368.jpe