Hit by tornado

Old 07-28-2021, 04:38 PM
Power Poster

I'm sure it was scary, Julia! Thank God He spared you and your home. Hope no one lost their lives. Houses can be rebuilt.
Old 07-29-2021, 12:19 AM

Glad you and yours are OK!
We had tornado warnings last week. They scare the heck out of me.

Watson
Old 07-29-2021, 04:24 AM

Juliasb, I heard about the storms and 6 confirmed tornadoes, and was surprised that the greater Detroit area was hit. So glad that you and your home were minimally impacted. This was not a good week to be with out power! So hot and humid.

Michigan has frequent tornadoes in the spring and summer months. Global warming? Who knows. I remember them as a child and my hometown, Kalamazoo, had a humdinger in 1980 that changed the face of our downtown for ever. Massive loss of historic trees and some buildings.

Old 07-29-2021, 05:21 AM

Wow! I hate storms!!!!! Thankful y'all are okay.
Old 07-29-2021, 08:01 AM

so glad you are safe and back with us,
Old 07-29-2021, 08:47 AM

I'm glad you're safe and have only minor damage. I've been thru several hurricanes and I know that chain saw sound in the aftermath and the no electric in 90+ degree heat. Thankfully we have a portable generator now which helps a lot. Stay safe.
Old 07-29-2021, 09:13 AM

Juliasb, I am so glad you're okay! That is too scary to think about. I'm used to hurricanes but not tornados. Are tornados common in Michigan? That isn't a part of the US that I hear about tornados from much at all. Stay safe up there!
Old 07-29-2021, 11:18 AM

Glad you are safe and have your electricity back on. We live in hurricane country and it is miserable when we lose our electricity. You don't realize how much you depend on it until it is gone.
Old 07-30-2021, 03:50 AM

ibex94, Michigan has frequent tornadoes in the spring and summer months. Global warming? Who knows. I remember them as a child and my hometown, Kalamazoo, had a humdinger in 1980 that changed the face of our downtown for ever. Massive loss of historic trees and some buildings.

Our tornadoes seem different from those I see in "Tornado Alley", Oklahoma, Texas etc. Because we are not flat but filled with hills, valleys, rivers and lakes our tornadoes seem rather wet and usually short lived. Tree damage is often the biggest problem. So many trees go down and they cause much of the damage after the tornado itself. We have about 20 per year most in what would be the cuff of the Michigan mitten.
Old 07-30-2021, 06:39 AM

Now I listen to chainsaws, they are going even now 6 days later. The clean up is going pretty good. Faster than I thought it would. Some one came over and cleaned up our yard too. What a blessing! Life will slowly go back to our current normal.