Hit by tornado

Old 07-28-2021, 08:56 AM

Default Hit by tornado

Last Saturday my neighborhood was hit by a tornado. We were at the tale end of the tornado's path and have less damage that the area. We got our power back on last night after 3 full days of no power in close to 90 degree heat. My home was fortunate and was only a small to moderate debris field. Our home was unharmed and we did not lose any of our large and mature trees. Other neighbors were not so lucky and some had some serious damage. A few miles down the road the damages were much worse. Home Depot and the Salvation Army stores were hit hard an suffered major damage. A number of homes were totally destroyed. So I know how blessed we are at this end of the storm. I still hear right this moment chain saws going to clean up some real messes. Glad to be back here too. I missed everyone over the last few days.
Old 07-28-2021, 09:51 AM
Power Poster

So glad you all are safe and no real harm. These disasters are life threatening and heart breaking. Hope things can only get better.
Old 07-28-2021, 10:38 AM

Happy to hear you are safe. I don’t think there is one area of our country that is safe from natural disasters. We have hurricanes here but we have days to prepare. We have gone a week without power in late August because of hurricane Gustav. Luckily my family has not suffered any serious damage from these storms. Stay safe everybody.
Old 07-28-2021, 11:06 AM

So glad you’re safe and sound, that must have been beyond scary! I will keep you and your town in my prayers, hugs!
Old 07-28-2021, 11:18 AM

I had heard about the storm, my hubby's family was spared any major inconvenience.

So glad you are safe and back with us!
Old 07-28-2021, 12:20 PM

Julia,

Thankful that you were spared from the storm. Prayers for your neighbors and your neighborhood as everyone makes repairs.
Old 07-28-2021, 12:50 PM

Tornados terrify me. I'm so glad you are safe and your house is safe!
Old 07-28-2021, 12:53 PM
Power Poster

Glad you are okay! It is scary and it will take you a while to not be anxious when a big storm comes up.
Old 07-28-2021, 02:17 PM
Power Poster

Oh dear! That must have been like a nightmare. So glad to hear you were missed though. I didn't realize Michigan had tornadoes. We have had a dark blanket of smoke around here for some time. It is three fires worth of smoke. I finally saw the sun today through only light smoke. I am so grateful. It is not the only time smoke has spent the summer here. I have had to wash walls many times to get rid of the dark stuff it leaves behind. Oh well, I suppose this is the new normal. Pandemic and fires.
Thank God you are okay.
Old 07-28-2021, 03:16 PM
Power Poster

You were really lucky the tornado missed you. We live up on a real high hill but, we don't get many storms.