Honey BooBoo

Old 01-03-2013, 09:38 AM

I agree with all of you, I find nothing funny about her or her family!!!
Old 01-03-2013, 11:54 AM

Originally Posted by callen View Post
If we, the viewing public turn these types of programs OFF then perhaps the "powers that be" will finally smarten up & get some decent shows. Who & what made the Kardashians stars? I would like to know exactly what their claim to fame is - does anyone really know? OMG tv is becoming shameful !! Reality - you have to be kidding !!!
I ask that question all the time about the Kardashians. Who are they, where did they come from, and what makes them so news worthy?? Just a couple of weeks ago I saw an interview with Tom Brokaw. I think he is a highly respected news person by everyone in the business. Although he periodically shows up on NBC programs, he's retired. Someone asked him if he was sorry he retired. He replied "Absolutely not. It's not what it used to be. When I saw Kim Kardashian at the White House Correspondants Dinner I knew I didn't belong there anymore."
Old 01-03-2013, 12:11 PM

I agree with the other posts. This is not a good way to portray a young girl. Hopefully no one lets their children watch this. People must be really bored to be watching this kind of exploration of a small girl who has been taught to be totally obnoxious.
Old 01-03-2013, 12:25 PM

Originally Posted by tenngal View Post
She is annoying and her mother is worse. Shame on her!
Saw part of this show once, their dining table was surrounded by stacks of toilet paper, the child is obnoxious, father looks like BO Plenty from the old Dick Tracy comics and mother thinks she's gorgeous, what a horrible show. Does all this chatter mean it's back for another season. Oh. Please keep those Law and Order reruns on.
Old 01-03-2013, 05:57 PM

Originally Posted by Sandygirl View Post
I don't spend a lot of time on this show...i admit to watching it at times...There are worse shows and i don't watch them at all. No one else has the nerve to admit to sneaking a peak at HBB. Don't hate me!

s
I guess I criticized without any real knowledge, because I have NEVER watched HBB or the little girl beauty contests. But I formed my opinions from the advertising bits on tv--they're on almost every 30 minutes! I can't get to the mute or off button fast enough!!
Old 01-03-2013, 06:10 PM
Power Poster

Remember when reality was a ball game or a movie???
Im53, but my fav shows are b&w movies.
Different strokes for diff folks. My husband, who is
Educated,loves jerry springer. Its his relaxation before going to sleep.
Old 01-03-2013, 06:19 PM

what happened to child labor laws? I refuse to watch this. Have just seen the blurbs that advertise it and that is enough for me to know I would never watch such garbage....
Old 01-03-2013, 06:36 PM

Reality shows are not reality. they have to be scripted or we would watch some days in thier lives with them doing nothing. How real is it when there is a camera crew watching you. Please give me credit for some intelligence. I do like the CSI and NCIS shows. Not for the violence, but for the way science is used to solve the crimes.
Old 01-03-2013, 06:45 PM

I think it shows how "sick" our society is. I just turn to another channel, watch PBS, or turn it off.
Old 01-03-2013, 07:55 PM

Originally Posted by CindyA View Post
I've never watched it and never will. Hundreds of channels on t.v. and so often there is nothing decent to watch. That is why I spend time watching old re-runs and HGTV.
I'm with you. The old TV shows are better than all the garbage that passes for entertainment today. I much prefer to watch quilting videos on the internet.