Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Hoover Vacuum--Input requested >

Hoover Vacuum--Input requested

Hoover Vacuum--Input requested

Old 05-30-2011, 06:44 AM

I have a Miele for 15 years now and I love it. It is a lot quieter than other vacuums.
Old 05-30-2011, 06:46 AM

Originally Posted by JanetM
I have a Hoover Wind Tunnel 6.1 It is the one that uses a bag and has hepa filters. (They also have a bagless one, but I've heard it isn't as good)

We bought it in 2000 and it has been a very good vacuum. It is quite good at picking up things near the baseboards. I use the wand attachment for bare floor cleaning.
I agree--love my wind tunnel with bags. I too am a cat person!
Old 05-30-2011, 07:13 AM

The large rug under the litter box is the answer - pick up the rug and shake it out - no vacuuming at all!

I got a new Oreck - the best vacuum I've ever owned; it picks up everything in it's tracks... and is easy to use. I have a mother cat and 4 little ones in the house - so lots to pick up - don't know where they find most of what I have to vacuum - thought i was a fair housekeeper! But, I run the vacuum over the floors and it's gone!
Old 05-30-2011, 07:21 AM

I had a Kirby -it was hard to switch the heads. I had a Rainbow and it needed a new on/off switch within a year. Now I have had a Hoover Windtunnel for a year. I like it. It has red/green lights that show if floor is dirty/clean. I just vacuum until the green light stays on. Attachments fit right on it. There are no bags. It is fairly lightweight. So far-so good.
Old 05-30-2011, 07:24 AM

I have a Hoover, and I love it. It is the Pet Cyclonic Bagless Hoover, and it picks up everything. However I do not have cats, but it certainly cleaned up the mess in the kitchen yesterday when I dropped a brand new powdered creamer on the kitchen floor!! I think about 1/2 of the creamer landed on the little carpet and the tile floor. It got it all up. It is great on the furniture and for picking up all the dog hair (that we used to have). We are down to 2 dogs now that do not shed like our Shephard/Husky did.
Old 05-30-2011, 07:33 AM

I have the Hoover windtunnel. I also have a smaller Hoover canister that I use on wood and tile. Gets the litter and fur up really well. Also have a throw rug under the cat box for litter containment. Good luck.
Old 05-30-2011, 07:59 AM

Originally Posted by Amythyst02
I have a Hoover, and I love it. It is the Pet Cyclonic Bagless Hoover, and it picks up everything.
I just bought this vacuum. I do not have carpets so use it on my hardwood floors and rugs. Does a very good job. I was amazed at how well it picked everything up. Things my Bissel missed. It also picked up the cat litter that was on the floor with no problem. It also got the cat hair and dog hair off the floor and furniture. I guess time will tell.
Old 05-30-2011, 07:59 AM

thank you for starting this. i sent the information on to my daughter.
Old 05-30-2011, 08:28 AM

The Dysons we tried didn't work for us either. I love our Riccars now, but my best advice is to try and get a loaner to try from the vacuum cleaner store. That way you have help making the decision, and get to test drive before you plunk down the money.
Old 05-30-2011, 09:22 AM

I love my Hoover Windtunnel but it is old - about 11- 12 years. Not sure they are as good now. Mine also has a bag and air filter. Picks up great - cat litter is no problem. I hope it never dies!