Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst ... 2 3

Thread: Hope no one is alone tonight?

Quote Originally Posted by Marye
    I hope there is no one alone tonight for any reason, if you are just think of all the pleasant people you have met on this board we are all family to each other. I will be on line til the late hours if you would like to talk. Hope each and everyone have a Merry Christmas.
    AFter the hectic two weeks I have just been through, I am so grateful for the solitude and not having to get up and go anywhere for Christmas day and can sleep late and get my house back in order. I LOVE time alone, no matter what day it is. It seems my only two days off during the year ar Thanksgiving and Christmas and that is what I look forward to.

I know, shame on me, but the family events are not on the day of the holiday.

Diane

How sweet . to all a very blest christmas and a happy healthy new year.

We celebrate on Christmas Eve and Hubby and I am home today by ourselves, resting up. Celebrating Christmas by going to bed early and getting a few extra hours of sleep.

How very sweet and thoughtful of you. Merry Christmas to you.

Marye, I've been here alone since Wed nite when my Son & DIL brought over my groceries. Haven't heard from them since. This is par for the course as I live alone & only ask them when I can't get out because of the weather. My DGS is good to come help me clean, when he needs spending money, but that's about it.

I am going to move somewhere as soon as I can save up enough money, but that may take some time. I have a lot of medical problems and need to be near a large medical center & folks who can help me get to appts. The city I lived in for 10 yrs is 50 miles from here, so prob will go back there. They have the Vans that will pick up Handicapped folks, plus there is a Public Transportation System. I still have a SUV and can drive, but how long is a matter of my Physical Problems. I'm depressed by all this, but it's part of life.

Thanks for starting this topic. I've been doing this so long it's old hat. I hope the other folks who may be experiencing being alone will reach out to others. I fine it's easier to talk about subjects other than being alone when I'm depressed. They may feel the same. Please let them talk if they want to talk, but other than that let them carry the conversation if they will. Some may not want to talk, but that's OK. Maybe they'll ready be ready to talk soon.

Sheila Elaine, I am sorry that your medical problems limit your ability to get out and about more. I am sorry your family is so busy. Please know that you are a part of this great online family and while we can't be there with you physically, you are in our thoughts.

Take care, and know that we care for you.

I am alone tonight.. My family was here last night..The memories of the past has been with me all day. Just me & my cat. I have tried to make the best of it. Its not easy.

Quote Originally Posted by glennarogers59
    I am alone tonight.. My family was here last night..The memories of the past has been with me all day. Just me & my cat. I have tried to make the best of it. Its not easy.
    It is crazy when family is there, but quiet when they leave, I understand. Please know that I am thinking about you. Snuggle with you little quilt inspector (cat) and know that you can usually find company here.

thank, you so much..Its just my husband died 1 year ago. His funeral was the day before Thanksgiven. So the holidays
    have been bad for me. He always enjoyed the holidays & made special food. I miss him so much.

You are such a wonderful person!:) Many blessings to you Lillian!

Quote Originally Posted by glennarogers59
    thank, you so much..Its just my husband died 1 year ago. His funeral was the day before Thanksgiven. So the holidays
    have been bad for me. He always enjoyed the holidays & made special food. I miss him so much.
    So very sorry you lost your husband only a short time ago, no one take his place nor would you want them to, it must be very difficult to adjust to being on your own, and feel it especially bad at these special times of the year. My heart goes out to you and pray that God will be by your side and get you through. You have beautiful memories of the good times you had together and rest assured you will meet him again. Take care. God Bless. Eileen

Power Poster
    Wonderful thoughts. Merry Christmas.

I Pray youall have had a merry Christmas and a Blessed New year :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

THANKS TO EVERYONE FOR YOUR KIND WORDS.

Quote Originally Posted by Bailey's mom
    You are such a wonderful person!:) Many blessings to you Lillian!
    Thank you hon! New Year's Eve I'm staying home! :)

Bea
    I am so sorry that you are alone and have no one to drive you to appointments. shopping, ect. I wished I was closer. I have felt some loneleness this holiday as I have some unsolved health issues. too. Trust in the Lord. He will bring you peace.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst ... 2 3