Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: hot, hazy humid weather

Hot here in IN, too. We had a nice rain in the night, but no relief from the heat today or the next few days. I'm not ready for fall, but a lot of this heat can change my mind about that!

i have not been quilting because of the heat , it has been terrible 113 today

Quote Originally Posted by Edie
    Quote Originally Posted by sarahconner
    Sorry to hear it it so hot in MN. Where I love it stays hot, humid, and sweaty for at least 9 or sometimes 10 months out of the yr
    We're tough out here in the tundra!!!!!! In the winter it is colder'n ---- and in the summer it is hotter'n ----, but that is what makes us Minnesotans!!!! It's in our genes! We love the cold Winter because we know Spring and Summer is coming and we love the Summer because we know Winter is coming. Or as the old saying goes "If winter's here, can Spring be far behind?"

But, we are the world's biggest gripers! Never satisfied, too hot, too cold, too wet, too dry. That also is what makes us Minnesotans. Wouldn't trade Minnesota for anywhere in the world. Edie
    Well said Edie! And yes it is not so much the temp's as it is the "humidity".

Texas heat...feels as hot as an oven when you open the door....so hot the cat pauses before turning back into the air conditioning....so hot the grass pokes you and crunches under your feet...so hot your tomatoes turn white from being sun bleached BEFORE they can ripen on the vine....so hot, it's still 89 at 6 am...so hot even coffee doesn't sound good in the morning...too hot...that's all I have to say!!

We're still waiting for summer to arrive!

Hot and humid in Ohio but not as bad as what some of you are dealing with....stay calm and cool everyone :)

Blog Entries
    Come get our summer.....we're ready for Fall.

East Tennessee--warm, muggy days with temps around 90. We did get a few days respite last week but his morning it was like going in a sauna when I went outside. Sounds like everyone is having weather that's too warm and too wet.

Quote Originally Posted by QuiltnNan
    Same here in the Twin Cities. I'd love to send some of our rain to Texas where it is so needed.

Could you also send some to AZ too....All we are having is mega dust storms, Haboo's. I take a week of rain over 3,000 ft. walls of dust 10-20 miles wide any day. We had wild fires that burned almost 600,000 acres and now it scorching heat and dust. If I find out who crossed Mother Nature they are in BIG TROUBLE!!!

PS: Nan I love your avatar quilt :thumbup:

So far this year, we have now had 28 days of 100 or over temps, and no rain or end in sight. It is just brutal!!! Come on Winter! I am just as sick of the heat as I am the $400 elec. bill. And we keep the house at 74 due to the lg dbl coated Malamutes. You vacumn and sweat as if you had been jogging. Yup, Come on Winter. I can always put on more clothes to stay warm.

I live in North Carolina, in the middle of the state and we are having 90+ weather also. Our humidity is high also. But this normal for our summers. We just stay inside as much as possible. But most of the time our winters are not bad. Some snow once in a while. Like you said better weather will come.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by belmer
    Quote Originally Posted by Edie
    Quote Originally Posted by sarahconner
    Sorry to hear it it so hot in MN. Where I love it stays hot, humid, and sweaty for at least 9 or sometimes 10 months out of the yr
    We're tough out here in the tundra!!!!!! In the winter it is colder'n ---- and in the summer it is hotter'n ----, but that is what makes us Minnesotans!!!! It's in our genes! We love the cold Winter because we know Spring and Summer is coming and we love the Summer because we know Winter is coming. Or as the old saying goes "If winter's here, can Spring be far behind?"

So, as of 8:20 PM tonight, we broke a record. Our heat index hit 120 degrees today! High of 96, humidity at 63%, dew point at 83 degrees. High of 100 tomorrow. I am not doing a thing, maybe sit outside with my feet in a bucket of water. I am for sure going to give the dog a bath - only because I'll have a good reason to get wet - all over - outside!!!!!

Enjoy the weather. Edie
    But, we are the world's biggest gripers! Never satisfied, too hot, too cold, too wet, too dry. That also is what makes us Minnesotans. Wouldn't trade Minnesota for anywhere in the world. Edie
    Well said Edie! And yes it is not so much the temp's as it is the "humidity".

This too shall pass!

I haven't even checked the temp. I just know when I've gone outside it is hot and humid. I'm glad for the AC.

It was really nice in our LQS this A.M. I should have stayed for the aft. session also.

At least we can reflect on this heat in Jan and Feb when it is so cold and wish we had just a little of it back. It is hot here to at the tip of the thumb in mich. Going to the beach today for awhile. I said this winter that I wouldn't complain about the heat but I guess I fibed....... no AC just fans and thank goodness there is a strong breeze today going to be in the high 90's here today and hotter tomorrow. Sure is ruff on the animals big and small, mine just move from place to place looking for a cool place to lay. But please don't wish summer away winter will be on us all to quickly................

appears to be darn near everywhere. just too, too hot.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2