Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
  • Housework Tips & Tricks (Post yours for us to enjoy) >
  • Housework Tips & Tricks (Post yours for us to enjoy)

• Housework Tips & Tricks (Post yours for us to enjoy)

Old 09-23-2010, 10:39 AM

Originally Posted by trupeach1
    Originally Posted by mamapeggy11
    Fill the kitchen sink with hot water and pine-sol --house smell clean !!! LOL
    LOL..........that's a good one. I put cinncmon, cloves and nutmeg in water and let it simmer on the stove. It not only makes the house smell clean it makes it smell like you have been busy baking. The bonus get a store bought spice cake put it on a pretty platter and let the family think you HAVE been baking all day.
    I buy Fabuloso (the blue one) in the biggest bottles I can find. When we leave the house, I always pour some in both toilets. I leave the lid open. When we get back home the house smells soooooo fresh. Smells like someone was cleaning while I was away.
    Old 09-23-2010, 12:01 PM

Originally Posted by Moon Holiday
    My housework and cleaning tip: Marry a great guy who loves to clean, cook, and do laundry! Actually for the first 27 years I did all the cooking, cleaning, laundry and raising the kids while he worked at an office. Once the kids moved out, I worked away from home in an office and he worked from our home... so he began doing the cleaning and cooking and the next thing I knew... when I was actually at home there was no housework needing my attention.... so I could sew and read and do fun things. Believe me, I've been smiling non-stop for the last 20 years!
    How do you get them to help??? Mine DH just sits and watches TV. I can't get him to do anything unless I bug him about it.
    Old 09-23-2010, 03:53 PM
    Power Poster

Peachy...great idea! I had forgotten about doing that! i also have some candles that smell like blueberry pancakes...the downside to all that is that it makes me hungry:lol:
    Old 09-23-2010, 06:59 PM

Gramof6 wrote:
    Tell the men that leave things lying around "I am cleaning in the morning & everything that is left out of place is going to get tossed into a laundry basket if not the grabage."

If I did that, my guy would be running around naked!
    Toss him an apron! :lol:
    Old 09-23-2010, 07:02 PM

I'm afraid to have ammonia in the house. I know someone who got carried away with getting a stain off the floor and mixed bleach and ammonia together. It was a fatal mistake.
    Old 09-23-2010, 08:38 PM

I need a cleaning party after my daughter, husband and four kids move out. Anybody want to come. I cook real food and have plenty to drink.
    Old 09-24-2010, 03:17 PM

Well I took the big plunge today........I started at the top and clean to the bottom Cleaned everything and now I think I need to make funeral arrangement because I feel like am going to die. I don't know why I think I have to do it all in one day but when I get started I don’t want to quit until its all done. I know am not as young as I U 2 B. Oh…. but it is sooooooooo clean and smells sooooooo good. I guess if I do die people can say that at least I was a good housekeeper
    Old 09-24-2010, 03:31 PM
    Power Poster

Well, congrats on your newly cleaned house! Can I come over and smell it? I've forgotten what that smells like!:oops:
    Old 09-24-2010, 04:50 PM

Originally Posted by Caroltee
    Well I took the big plunge today........I started at the top and clean to the bottom Cleaned everything and now I think I need to make funeral arrangement because I feel like am going to die. I don't know why I think I have to do it all in one day but when I get started I don’t want to quit until its all done. I know am not as young as I U 2 B. Oh…. but it is sooooooooo clean and smells sooooooo good. I guess if I do die people can say that at least I was a good housekeeper
    Congratulations. Now if only someone would tell me WHERE to START!! Wherever I start, I get side tracked and seem to go around in circles and by nightfall, not too much has been accomplished.

:roll:
    Old 09-24-2010, 05:12 PM

daughter was in charge of sorting family socks. husband always screaming about mismatched socks. i tried basting quilts with those bent pins. hated it. theres a cup with quilters safety pins (the small ones) next to the dirty clothes hamper in our bathroom. if he wants his socks matched properly, he has to pin his socks as he takes them off before they hit the clothes hamper. we're all happier now.