Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
  • Housework Tips & Tricks (Post yours for us to enjoy) >
  • Housework Tips & Tricks (Post yours for us to enjoy)

• Housework Tips & Tricks (Post yours for us to enjoy)

Old 09-16-2010, 04:17 PM

Location: A Hop from Heaven, a Skip from Sanity and a Jump from the Good Life....

Originally Posted by craftybear
    You know we all have housework to do. It is hard trying to keep up with the housework and find time for quilting, sewing and our other crafts.

I thought we should start a thread to post our tips and tricks for housework.
    OK if i didn't hire help, Id train my five yr old early !!!!!
    Old 09-16-2010, 04:23 PM

Hire a housekeeper!!!! :) :) :) :)
    Old 09-16-2010, 04:24 PM

Originally Posted by grann of 6
    Originally Posted by craftybear
    You know we all have housework to do. It is hard trying to keep up with the housework and find time for quilting, sewing and our other crafts.

I thought we should start a thread to post our tips and tricks for housework.
    Tie rags to the dog's feet and tail. Voila dusting done.
    :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
    Love that one!!!

How about spill some meat juice all over the kitchen floor, the dogs will lick it all clean in no time!!!
    Old 09-16-2010, 06:55 PM

Love the MicroFibre cloths...I keep one in every bathroom and the kitchen.
    My answer to cleaning is....MOVE!!!
    You can spend years telling people "Please don't mind the mess, we are still moving in" HaHaHaHa!!! When they start to get wise.....Move again.
    Old 09-16-2010, 07:47 PM

Tell the men that leave things lying around "I am cleaning in the morning & everything that is left out of place is going to get tossed into a laundry basket if not the grabage." I did that once a week for a month & it broke my DH from just leaving "stuff" lying around to accumalate. If he does leave stuff on the end table by his chair, I just look at it a lot & he now asks "Are you clenaing in the morning?" LOL Boy he scurries around putting things in their rightful place. LOL With the 2 of us it stays pretty clean & picked up if we each just pick up after ourselves.
    Old 09-17-2010, 02:23 AM

Originally Posted by Gramof6
    Tell the men that leave things lying around "I am cleaning in the morning & everything that is left out of place is going to get tossed into a laundry basket if not the grabage."
    If I did that, my guy would be running around naked! :-)
    Old 09-17-2010, 02:42 AM

Originally Posted by mamapeggy11
    Fill the kitchen sink with hot water and pine-sol --house smell clean !!! LOL
    I like this suggestion!! What an easy way to clean house

:thumbup: :thumbup:
    Old 09-17-2010, 05:23 AM

Periodically my BIL would get tired of yelling at his 4 boys about picking up the things they'd leave all over the house (clothes, books, toys, games etc.), so he'd go on a frenzy and toss everything that was not where it belonged onto the floor and sweep it all down the cellar stairs. When he couldn't get beyond the pile of stuff at the bottom of the cellar stairs, he'd get out his backhoe... dig a good size hole in the far backyard and toss all the accumulated stuff into the hole and cover it up and then reseed the grass. As far as I could tell, the only lesson it taught my nephews was not to become attached to things.
    Old 09-17-2010, 05:33 AM

[quote=When I was doing all of it, I some every day and then each room got a once deep clean every year and that meant the closets. Everything came out was sorted and stuff got rid of and it always felt good to do that...it's near that time now...it seems that I like to do that around the winter time. I still do the closets as I am the one who desides what goes and what stays lol.[/quote]

When my girls were living at home, I took 10 minutes per room to clean. Walked in the door and worked clockwise around picking up, dusting and cleaning as I went. What didn't get done in 10 minutes waited for the next day. Vacuumed twice a week. Now that they are gone I can pretty much do the house in 15 minutes since I pick up after myself. Things DH leaves around stay till he picks them up. I "deep clean" one room every month (closets, etc) so it doesn't have to be done all at one time. House isn't spotless, but always presentable.
    Old 09-17-2010, 05:37 AM

I just got done doing a deep cleaning on my house because we had hardwood floors put down I LOVE it I am going to get rid of all the carpet in my house have 2 quest berooms with carpet and I am looking to put tile in them.
    I did find a cleaning foam call scrubbing bubbles extended
    and it is great if you do your tub,shower and sinks with it it keeps them clean for 4 to 5 days first time something they advertised really worked.