Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
How did you meet your significate other? >

How did you meet your significate other?

How did you meet your significate other?

Old 08-21-2011, 06:04 AM

My husband swears that he saw me at a ski lodge when I was 15 and he was 24. He says that he told his friends when he saw me that he "was going to marry that cute little Cook kid once she grows up". (His friends have actually verified that). Seven years later, when I was actually engaged to another man, he literally picked my up by my arms and carried me into a local tavern, bought me a drink, and the rest is history. We married 4 months later, and are getting ready to celebrate out 38th wedding anniversary on Dec. 29th. God, how I love that man!!!!
Old 08-21-2011, 06:13 AM

High school sweethearts. In June, we celebrated our 34th Wedding Anniversary. We've been very blessed.
Old 08-21-2011, 06:17 AM

Blind date :-) 44 years later we are still going strong!!
Old 08-21-2011, 06:19 AM

My sister fixed me up with her friends friend so as to have a double date. I was home from college on spring break. I knew the minute I met him we would be married. That was 55 yrs ago this Nov. 4 kids and 10 grands and 4 great grands Life is good.
Old 08-21-2011, 06:32 AM

Originally Posted by Carron
What is your story about meeting your husband/wife or if those don't apply how about your sewing machine?

I was a teacher at the Arthur Murray Dance Studio and hubby was a student. His insturctor became ill and I took over her classes. As they say, the rest is history and boy can he dance! :D :D :D
My ex-husband introduced me to my now-Hubby, who was single at the time. (who, by the way is a REAL keeper!!!!!).

Little did any of us know at the time, destiny/fate would step in a few sort years later.

My ex & I had grown apart, had separated and while I was raising our three children on my own (the ex, who was 40, was busy chasing his 18 year old bimbo flings).

One very cold and VERY stormy Winter day - deep in depression, my next door neighbour came in and dragged me out of bed. She said 'come on, were're going to the farmer's market to pick up some fresh foods and do so crafts shopping - you need to get out of the house and take a breather.

Fussing, and dragging my butt in protest, I finally agreed to go - while at the market as I turned to go to another veggie stand, 'lo and behold, my now-Hubby was standing there!!!

Our eyes met in amazed recognition and we hugged in a 'boy what a surprise to see you' embrace.

We then sat down in the market cafe and caught up on the past years since we had last seen each other. Turned out he had married, had two children and his marriage ended in divorce and he had custody of his two.

After a few months of so-called dating, we started living together (along with my three kids and his two). After divorce from my ex was finalized, my now-Hubby and I got married, and the rest is history.

We just celebrated our 27th Wedding Aniversary!!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I think the best moment in all was when my ex came one day to pick up our three kids for one of his visitation weekends and in walking in the house saw my now-Hubby standing at the stove making pan-cakes for the kids.

He was only wearing blue jeans, is hair had that I just got up tossled look and my youngest child burst forth with a huge elated whoop to my ex husband, 'Look Daddy - Warren's back, isn't that great!!!!!!

The look on my ex's face was a real Kodak moment - PRICELESS!!!!!
:XD: :XD: :XD: :XD: :XD: :XD:
Old 08-21-2011, 06:33 AM

My DH followed my oldest daughter home from school and I kept him. He was in one of her classes and wanted to date her. Yep..he is 23 years younger than I am, but we have been together since 1985.
Old 08-21-2011, 06:34 AM

His Dad died and he moved to our high school. He came into my English class. I took one look at him and told my two girlfriends, "Hands off of that one, he's mine," and I proceeded with the chase, LOL. We were both 17 and have been together since!! That was in 1962! He was my first boyfriend and I was his first girlfriend. Now THAT is an accomplishment!!!!
Old 08-21-2011, 06:41 AM

I went out with him on a blind date as a favor to a fellow student nurse. Her boyfriend's car was in the shop and my hubby had the car, but no date. It took my roomie and several other fellow students 3 days to talk me into going on that date. I finally said I would go but was not happy about it and was prepared to spend an awful evening. That was 44 years ago and we have been married for 43 wonderful years. I am so glad my friends were so insistent.
Old 08-21-2011, 06:50 AM

Went home with a friend from college for Thanksgiving holiday, went to a club, he was in the band, had one date to see Patton at the drive-in, didn't really like him, went home and finished semester, quit school, moved in after Christmas, married in February 39 years ago.
Old 08-21-2011, 07:01 AM

Met my DH in a game room on pogo.com. As part of the chat, one woman would type in the first line of a song and then people would take turns typing in the next line until we had completed the song. My DH started typing in the words to "I've Got the Loveliest Bunch of Coconuts" which was a song my mom sang when we were kids. I made a comment to him that the song brought back so many great memories of my mom who was no longer alive and it led to us having a private conversation. After talking online for a couple months, he drove from 400 miles away to meet me. We did the long-distance relationship for two years. He moved here in 2006, married in 2007 and so glad we took the chance to meet. He's a real keeper!