Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: How to dispose of oral meds

After my husband died, I was told to put the meds in water and add some mustard to the water and then put it in my trash.

Now we have a drop off location at our government center. It's open during the day and we can put them in a box labeled for prescription and over-the-counter meds.

Connie

Super Member citruscountyquilter's Avatar
    Our police department takes them for disposal. That would be the first place I'd ask.

Our police dept does take back days for over the counter and prescrption meds. Also families can turn in meds when a family member passes, especially the highly controlled ones for disposal.

Metro PD takes care of it here. You might also see if there are any local branches of a charity that takes medical supplies.

The Police Departments have a 'dispose day every so often. It is amazing how much is turned in each time.
    Carol

The police here will accept them and put in the trash for you. Goes to the same buried dump yard my trash goes. Pharmacy won't accept them or the hospital.
    I believe giving what I can will never cause me to be in need.
    Being cheap is not a badge of honor.
    My heroes are working people, paying their own way, taking care of their children and being decent human beings.

Blog Entries
    Our pharmacy says its saft to put them into the trash but never to flush them, it affects too many things. You can also take them to the pharmacy. I'd call your pharmacist and make sure they'll take them or get the rules for your area as to how to dispose of them.
    Judy

You could put all in one container (coffee can?) and fill it with plaster of paris, then just dispose in the trash. Nobody takes a chance on getting poisoned. I do this with my old blades and bent pins and needles

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2