How do I prevent bed bugs?

Old 05-09-2011, 06:43 PM

We're driving straight through when we go home this weekend after reading this thread!
Old 05-09-2011, 06:55 PM

Reminds me of my last night in London! At 9:30 pm discovered the vermin, so thought I'd just go on to Heathrow as I was leaving in the morning. Ended up at the wrong terminal! Finally, the right one, but not really supposed to be staying in the terminal overnight. Cafe Nero to the rescue! Lattes and biscuits and a couch helped. OH! Did I mention I'd taken a water pill at 9:15 p.m.?! Fortunately the RR was close to Cafe Nero!
Heard there is a spray the is TSA approved that repels the critters. Best of luck on your trip.
Old 05-09-2011, 08:26 PM

Originally Posted by Johanna Fritz
Have I been living under a rock or something? I never knew this was a problem. I have stayed in Hotels all over the country and the only time we had "bugs" was in Jamaica on our honeymoon 20 years ago - that, I expect. I guess I have been lucky.
It's been in the news these last several months that bedbugs are on the rise again.

The problem is, they get spread by people, so even the best hotels may get them. And once a room has them, they are extremely hard to get rid of! It's not just hotels. They can pass from person to person in airplanes, buses, even store dressing rooms. You can buy a new mattress infested with them because the same truck that delivers the mattresses may haul away old ones.