Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
How do you eat your peanut butter? >

How do you eat your peanut butter?

How do you eat your peanut butter?

Old 07-10-2010, 09:48 AM

Wow there are a lot of ways to eat peanut butter! However am i the first to like it on a toasted english muffin? When it melts into the nooks and crannies!
Old 07-10-2010, 10:47 AM

Can't stand peanuts or PB on anything, in anything, with anything in any form, manner or shape EXCEPT I love PB cookies! Weird, I know!
Old 07-10-2010, 10:55 AM

Originally Posted by Ladymurphy
I like peanut butter, mayo and bannana sandwiches.

I read an article tonight and the fellow was eating peanut butter and onion sandwiches.

How do you eat peanut butter?
I LOVE peanutbutter! Straight from the jar, on wheat bread with mayo and frest garden tomatoes, bread and jelly, on celery sticks, as a dip for carrots. Any way is fine with me.
Old 07-10-2010, 01:54 PM

Originally Posted by LHUNT212
Wow there are a lot of ways to eat peanut butter! However am i the first to like it on a toasted english muffin? When it melts into the nooks and crannies!
Oh man! I LOVE pb on toasted english muffins. I don't buy them too often anymore.......1/2 dozen only
lasts about 2 days!
Old 07-10-2010, 03:03 PM

Originally Posted by trupeach1
Originally Posted by JanetM
Oh, I wish I could still eat peanut butter, but I have developed an allergy to peanuts. Who knew you could eat peanuts for years and years and then become allergic :cry:
DITTO.............I loved peanut butter but if I would eat it now I would need an epipen or a trip to the ER. :cry: :cry: :cry: same goes for fish.

A good replacement and most people are not allergic is Tahini. Tahani is ground sesame seeds, it has the same nutty taste as peanut butter. I eat that all the time. It is not as thick but I spread it on bread with jelly.
I love peanut butter . . . but I love my kids even more! LOL. They are both anaphylactic to peanuts, tree nuts, and sesame. I've found Sunbutter (sunflower seed butter) to be a good substitute. Also, pumpkinseed butter is good, but VERY pricey! :shock: So no peanut butter at our house, but since this is a pb thread, I'll list that as the ingredient instead of Sunbutter.

I like all the goodies everyone has mentioned, sans the pickles, tomatoes, and onions. Here are my favorites that haven't been listed yet:

"CranaBananaPeanutButterama Sandwich" - one of my favorite creations! Slice a banana lengthwise, spread 1/2 with peanut butter, dot with Craisins, top with other 1/2 banana. YUM!

Smoothies - I grind up dry oatmeal, wheatgerm, and flax seed. Add milk, frozen banana, pb, ice, applesauce. Super breakfast and very healthy!

Oatmeal - I like pb in my hot oatmeal with maple syrup, diced apple, Craisins, and a touch of milk.

And the best ever peanut butter sandwich I ever had was at a place called "Potbellies" in Washington D.C. (pre-children days :-D ). They loaded the bread up with peanut butter and grape jelly and then sent it through a toasting oven, like some sub-sandwich shops. Oh my! Talk about scrumptious!!
Old 07-10-2010, 03:56 PM

I like to eat peanut butter with apple slices. It is one of my favorite things to eat for breakfast.
Old 07-10-2010, 04:04 PM

I like peanut butter on vanilla wafers, a good bedtime snack!
Old 07-10-2010, 05:24 PM

Thanks for all your replies. I now have a lot of new things to try!
Old 07-16-2010, 09:00 PM

I like it just out of the jar ,or on a ritz cracker with a dollop of grape jelly. my hubby mixes it with syrup and eats it on saltine crackers. when I was a little girl my mom would mash up a banana and put a spoon of peanut butter and a little bit of salad dressinga(mayo like kind)and mix it up and make it into a sandwich. YUM!!!
Old 07-16-2010, 09:59 PM

Honey Peanut Butter straight out of the jar I live by myself so I can do this.