Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
How do you use Google Imaging? >

How do you use Google Imaging?

How do you use Google Imaging?

Old 10-07-2017, 06:45 AM

Default How do you use Google Imaging?

Hi All. I've noticed a lot of y'all use Google Imaging and I'm wondering how to use it. I think it's great because it gives you so many images with on search. Pinterest does too, but it seems Google gives you more specific results. Being a dinosaur on the computer doesn't help so that's why I'm reaching out. Thanks in advance for any help you can give.

Susan in Texas

P.S. Hope I posted in the right place.
Old 10-07-2017, 06:55 AM
Power Poster

I use it when I want to search for a product. I want a new iron. I search for high wattage steam irons. Then I click on images. I see an iron I like I click on the image and it opens a window with a link to the page. I like to use it to find a certain pattern of quilts made in different colors. I type in Log Cabin quilt and then click images. I can see many different styles and colors of the log cabin quilt.
Old 10-07-2017, 07:11 AM

Susan, do you mean search for an image with an image? (I know you can to that, but I don't know how.) Clarifying that might help you.

This appears to be the instructions for searching for an image with an image. https://www.google.com/intl/en_us/in...chbyimage.html

bkay
Old 10-07-2017, 08:58 AM

Thanks for posting that link, bkay! I've wondered for the longest time how to do that!

Texas_Sue, when I put a phrase in the search box at the top of my browser, it takes me to a page of results. At the top of the page is an empty Google search bar, and just under the search bar is a row of links to click on, one being 'Images.' If you click on 'images,' it will take you to a page of images, and clicking on each one of those images will take you to the place that image appeared on-line.
Old 10-07-2017, 11:58 AM

I think she is talking about doing a search for an image (say, a piece of fabric) and finding who has the image (fabric). Not doing a text search and then looking at resultant images in the results.

https://images.google.com
Old 10-07-2017, 12:16 PM

Thanks all for the info. I was talking about the images. Some of the members ask about quilts and other do searches for specific quilt types on Google and come up with a whole page of images of those types of quilts. So I thank you for the instructions for using Google image. I'll try that and see what I come up with.
Old 10-07-2017, 12:20 PM

joes'mom I tried what you said and that is exactly what I was looking for - THANKS!
Old 10-07-2017, 05:20 PM

Whenever I want to do a google search almost the very first thing that shows up is “images” with all the other info listed below. I do my guild’s newsletter and am always looking for interesting images for it. Lately I wanted some fall clipare so I just googled fall clip art. When I want I,ages of a quilt or block I just google search that and tons of i,ages appear. I mostly,use my iPad Air and all I do is click and save or just copy what I want and paste it where I need it. Lots of way cool stuff no matter what you google.

Sandy in Mooresville. NC
Old 10-08-2017, 12:44 PM

Hey, thanks for asking that question. I'm also a dinosaur in Texas and I couldn't even find the words to ask the question.
Old 10-09-2017, 05:18 AM
Power Poster

I was at a computer fix it shop not long ago. While the guy was looking for a cord I wanted, the computer fix it guy was talking to another customer about his computer not working right. The guy left and Mr. fix it asked another guy he was working with if he knew anything about this problem. The guy said no, just google it. Mr. went to the computer and googled. The other guy asked you find it? Mr. said yeah, all points to it's one browser extension that is causing the problem. I asked is that how you know how to fix computers by Googling? He laughed and said unless it's a hardware problem no need to bring it in, anyone can use google to fix 99% of computer problems.