Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
How good a housekeeper are you? >

How good a housekeeper are you?

How good a housekeeper are you?

Old 04-07-2012, 02:17 PM

Clean enough to be healthy and dirty enough to be happy!!
Old 04-07-2012, 02:39 PM

I am chuckling at the comment that 'dusting seems to happen when I brush up against something,' and laughing about the grandson offering to buy a leaf blower.

That being said, I don't even want to say how lacking I am in the housekeeping dept.
Old 04-07-2012, 02:47 PM

My house is cluttered!!! But my rugs are so clean you could eat off them. A little OCD about them. Most people vacuum their rugs, I shampoo them! I know it's bad, but I can't stand the dirt that accumulates on them.
Old 04-07-2012, 02:53 PM

Originally Posted by Twisted Quilter View Post
Me and DH joke quite often that if a burglar broke in, he would break his neck trying to get around the clutter before finding anything. Good luck on your adventure.
I say the burglar would run out thinking someone got there first!! Well in my sewing room anyway.

piney
Old 04-07-2012, 02:53 PM
Power Poster

Dust is a protective coating for furniture, isn't it? quilter 1, I love your comment. I may have to use that in the future.
Old 04-07-2012, 02:59 PM
Power Poster

Dust is there in case someone doesn't have pen and paper and needs to write a message!
Old 04-07-2012, 03:06 PM

Not as clean as before I started quilting! There's only DH. me and a long-haired cat in the house, so it stays pretty clean. My kitchen is spotless, I am relentless about that, but I hate to dust, so only do so when I "feel" the need. It's pollen season and everything gets coated with yellow yuck, no matter how much cleaning you do. I do love the comments about the leaf blower and dust being a protective coating! I am a picker-upper, so everything has to be in its place before I can go to bed. OCD . . . probably, but I know where everything is (if I can just remember where I put it away!)
Old 04-07-2012, 04:03 PM

Declutter first-take everything that is not welcome in the room out. Don't feel you need to keep everything -we really don't remember why we have it sometimes! Clean the surfaces from things and this will make your room look nice. Start from the ceiling and go down you will see what a big difference in a small amount of time.

I am unemployed right now so I spend an hour to an hour in-half daily picking up, sweeping floors (we have a big dog) and making it look presentable. I used to deep clean once a week but just don't have the time anymore! After this routine I'm ready to do something fun. I don't feel so bad. There's a lot of quick tips to do more faster only to have more fun in the day!
Old 04-07-2012, 04:15 PM

I think most of us are just about as you discribe, and if we think were not were just looking with 'Rose' colored glasses.
Old 04-07-2012, 04:34 PM

When my husband was living, he spoiled me rotten about keeping house...he did, I didn't. I worked full-time, attended college full-time, cooked occasionally and helped him spoil our kids and our pups. I was too busy living to clean a house...and now that he's gone, it really shows. Guess I need to break down and hire a cleaning service...just can't seem to keep up....oh yes, and I have my own business as well, so...."Quilting forever, housework...WHENEVER!"