Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
How important is the feedback rating on this board >

How important is the feedback rating on this board

How important is the feedback rating on this board

Old 03-17-2011, 04:49 PM

I am having problems with someone who has taken a very long time to send me my materials. Long story not needed here. Will I give her a negative no, Will I buy from her again never. Not a lot of money (I guess) to me it is a lot of money for I do not have lots. I have lots of wonderful people I have met buying nothing but a fat square. So how does one really balance it all out. What may be negative to one is not to another. I fully enjoy all people here and what this board represents. We all have different taste and difference feelings. (((hugs))) to all.
Old 03-17-2011, 05:03 PM

I do look at them, but mostly out of courousity (too much ebaying), but I love submitting and getting feedback. Like to see what they have sold before so maybe if interested can watch for additional items.
Old 03-17-2011, 05:08 PM

I didn't even know what the feedback was until your post, although I was curious about it. Thanks for saying enough that I was able to figure it out. froggyintexas
Old 03-17-2011, 05:52 PM

This is an interesting topic to me as I think FB can be an indication on trustworthyness. We tend to get comfortable with people on forum's after awhile but we really don't know each other across the net.

I don't usually sell much but did put a few things out there... well, one person didn't get their book. It was mailed with several other's and as far as I know she still hasn't received it two months later.

She wrote me asking for her money back, I had no problem with this request but she did come across angry, demanding to me. I noted her attitude on the FB. After all, I didn't purposely keep her money or not mail the book to her. She was upset that I made a comment on it.

Now, there was a different person looking for a book on the forum and I had it and offered it. When I offered it, there was never a reply... I think she was contacted by this person to not work with me. That too is ok but...tell me, how would you handle this?

It all seems pretty childish to me..
Old 03-17-2011, 06:24 PM

Originally Posted by Rntraveler
This is an interesting topic to me as I think FB can be an indication on trustworthyness. We tend to get comfortable with people on forum's after awhile but we really don't know each other across the net.

I don't usually sell much but did put a few things out there... well, one person didn't get their book. It was mailed with several other's and as far as I know she still hasn't received it two months later.

She wrote me asking for her money back, I had no problem with this request but she did come across angry, demanding to me. I noted her attitude on the FB. After all, I didn't purposely keep her money or not mail the book to her. She was upset that I made a comment on it.

Now, there was a different person looking for a book on the forum and I had it and offered it. When I offered it, there was never a reply... I think she was contacted by this person to not work with me. That too is ok but...tell me, how would you handle this?

It all seems pretty childish to me..
In the future send the package with tracking, and charge the person for that service, if you print a shipping label through paypal the tracking is free. Sorry you had a bad experience. Chalk it up to experience and keep steady in the boat, my momma says, they can kill you but they can't eat you darling.

:thumbup:
Old 03-17-2011, 06:32 PM

Yep, don't sweat the small stuff...thanks
Old 03-17-2011, 06:37 PM

I never look. I've bought and swapped with wonderful people but have to admit I'm remiss in leaving feedback for them. Know it isn't an excuse but I don't even know how to do it :?
Old 03-17-2011, 07:36 PM

Wow, I'm guilty of not giving feedback....didn't even know it existed. I bought a book from someone and was totally appreciative. I don't have pay-pay and she was super friendly and emailed all the info I needed. She also kept me up to date on progress of transaction. Being fairly new to the board I just jumped in and obviously, I don't know the rules. My gal was/is super to buy from. I'd do it again.
Old 03-17-2011, 08:07 PM

Being a "newbie", I found this very informative. I was wondering how this all works. Thanks !
Old 03-18-2011, 03:42 AM

Originally Posted by daisydebby
Wow, I'm guilty of not giving feedback....didn't even know it existed. I bought a book from someone and was totally appreciative. I don't have pay-pay and she was super friendly and emailed all the info I needed. She also kept me up to date on progress of transaction. Being fairly new to the board I just jumped in and obviously, I don't know the rules. My gal was/is super to buy from. I'd do it again.
you can still give feed back on your previous purchase!