Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
How many have breast cancer >

How many have breast cancer

How many have breast cancer

Old 10-01-2010, 03:02 PM

Thermography cannot be used alone. Studies have shown that more than one modality should be used in the detection of breast cancer. Mammography is not 100 percent and neither is thermography. It's difficult for thermograpy to exactly pinpoint a cancer. And after it's done you still have to have a mammogram, possibly an ultrasound MRI and biopsy.
Old 10-01-2010, 03:04 PM

I have heard many complaints such as yours. It's certainly too bad that there are Technologists out there such as that.
Old 10-01-2010, 03:04 PM

As Ilovemydogs, she and I were diagnosed in Feb 2010. We both have a rare type of breast cancer..hormone receptor. Today I got the word that I won't be needing chemo..at least yet. It took me three weeks after the diagnosis to get my emotions straighted out...I dug my heels in and decided I was going to fight this with all that I have. I am in stage 4, it started in my breast, left there and went to the lymphnodes under my arm. They found it on #9, 10 and 11 vertebrae..which was treated with radiations. I didn't have a masectomy. I feel so blessed to be able to wake each morning and love each day with all that I have. Having cancer does change you, I have to say for the better. I was always on the go..trying to do everything for everyone. I realized..I can't do that anymore. It is time to smell the roses..and that is exactly how I am living my life from now on. Prayers to each of you.
Peace and Blessings,
Old 10-01-2010, 03:06 PM

I had thyroid cancer last year. They removed the softball lump from my neck and my thryoid and I'm cancer free! :)
Old 10-01-2010, 03:21 PM

I don't but my 89 year old mother is a 29 year suvivor of breast cancer.
Old 10-01-2010, 03:32 PM

Minniesewta, thank you for starting this thread. I know those who have breast cancer or whose loved ones have it, will appreciate your thoughtfulness. One of my sisters had a mastectomy, another sister had cancer in both breasts and had them both removed, and her daughter had both of her cancerous breasts removed this past March. Pray for a cure.
Old 10-01-2010, 04:04 PM

I do not have cancer BUT, my brother does. My husband had Breast Cancer and had his breast removed.
Old 10-01-2010, 04:14 PM

PLEASE be aware that all women who have cancer that started in their breast or cervix and under the age of 65, that there is a federal law that was passed in 1990, then renewed in 2002, that stipulates that those women are AUTOMATICALLY qualified for medicaid. Medicaid will pay for all cancer related costs. Usually for medicaid there is a "spend-down" that you can't have over a certain amount of assets, but not with breast or cervical cases. As I work with these women in home care or hospice, I feel that they deserve everything that they can get. Cancer is a mean disease, and I sure feel for the ladies condition. If you need more info, please PM me and I"ll send a link.
Old 10-01-2010, 04:15 PM

My mother lost her battle with breast cancer at age 62. My sister lost her battle with colon cancer at age 58.
Old 10-01-2010, 04:33 PM

I am a 12 yr breast cancer survivor. Not too happy with all the side effects of the treatments, etc. and no, I did not have much support from family and friends - guess they were afraid that they might "catch" it.