Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
How Much is Too Much in Posting Topics >

How Much is Too Much in Posting Topics

How Much is Too Much in Posting Topics

Old 03-11-2010, 06:59 PM

Keep posting. I love the pictures of others quilts it gives me inspiration and I enjoy seeing different color combinations as well as the different patterns.
Old 03-11-2010, 07:40 PM

Keep posting. I had been reading this board for over a year before I joined. I finally joined so I could make a comment on the wonderful quilts everyone makes. The pictures give me encouragement and inspiration. When someone asks a question I am always looking to see the answers, being a newbie I am always learning. I enjoy looking at all parts of this board.
Old 03-12-2010, 06:51 AM
Dkm

I love the pictures..sort of gets you inspired. Lets you know about new patterns and sometimes where to find them for free. WOW!!
Old 03-12-2010, 07:14 AM

Isn't posting your excitement and sharing your inspirations what this site is all about? I think you are fine. If someone is tired of looking at your posts, they can choose to look at something else. I enjoy the pictures. Keep up the good work!

Marilyn
Paintbrushbrown
Old 03-12-2010, 07:32 AM

Post more pics.
Jo
Old 03-12-2010, 07:36 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by danmar
Originally Posted by quiltncrazy
Originally Posted by danmar
Hi everybody. I am very embarrassed and unsure of myself right now and I'd like your honest opinions. I only posted my very first ever anywhere pictures 8 days ago. Since then I have posted alot of my projects, mainly because I'm proud of them and want to share.

My question is, How much is too much when I'm posting new topics? I don't want everyone to say, "oh no, there's that danmar again". I feel like I'm hogging your time. I planned to put all of my projects on but now I'm not sure that I should. Are you all tired of looking at my stuff? Am I posting too much?
Please let me know how you feel about this.

Thank you. Marilyn
girlfriend, I didn't even read any further...and some think that is horrible. well, it's my choice, neener, neener, LOL! j/j
anyway...in my humble opinion, if you are posting quilties, you cannot overdo it! We love pictures on this board, and don't worry, when somebody else has something they will put it on here, and yours will drop down to the next line.
It's all good.
There is no rule that I know anything about, and my gut tells me that just about everybody on this board can't get enough of pictures. :wink:
We welcome newbies, and newbies with pictures?
LOVE AT FIRST SITE, COME RIGHT ON IN AND SIT A SPELL AND BRING OUT THOSE PICS, SISTER...:XD: :XD: :XD:
(um, danmar, you are female right? we do have men here too and they are great quilters. :thumbup: )
Thank you Quiltncrazy! and yes I'm female, Marilyn. Glad to meet you! Let me get the pictures! :lol:
..."let me get the pictures"...
woo hoo...music to my big mousie ears :XD:
Old 03-12-2010, 09:24 AM

Uh, when you get carpal tunnel from typing so much? If you're happy posting, go for it. It is very fun to see what people are working on, and sometimes when you're stuck on getting something done- you see a fun completed project and it gets you going. Just don't spend all your money on fabric, save a few bucks for emergency wrist splints :) :) :) :) :)
Old 03-12-2010, 09:34 AM

I love to see everyones projects, the more the marrier, no such thing as too much for me. There is such a thing as not posting enough if you want to have full use of the site, is my understanding. So go for it!
Old 03-12-2010, 09:45 AM

Originally Posted by Cathy M
Uh, when you get carpal tunnel from typing so much? If you're happy posting, go for it. It is very fun to see what people are working on, and sometimes when you're stuck on getting something done- you see a fun completed project and it gets you going. Just don't spend all your money on fabric, save a few bucks for emergency wrist splints :) :) :) :) :)
I actually got it from my last job, cutting carpet! Thank you for the advice! I'll make sure to save some money!! :lol:
Old 03-12-2010, 12:42 PM

the pix are the best part of the entire NET
it's kinda like shopping!!!!!