husb gone wife will play

Old 07-26-2010, 05:44 PM

YOU GO GIRL.
Old 07-26-2010, 05:48 PM

My husband has many hobbies so he's gone quite often.He hunts, fishes,kyacks, attends many bow shoots and makes long bows and arrows and golfs.
Old 07-26-2010, 05:55 PM

Any surprises when he comes home?
Old 07-26-2010, 06:06 PM
Power Poster

My Hubby still works, I retired June 2nd. We worked together, rode to and from work together for 23 yr.s. Yes, you being together constantly is over rated. We have been married 48-1/2 Yr.s. When he would go serveral weekends in the summer to our cabin in the woods, about 2 hours south of here I would buy stuff and he never noticed, Daughter would help me get rid of something I no longer wanted, he never wanted to get rid of anything. After it was gone, what could he say? I use to paint walls also. He never cared about the painting, I like the way I paint more than the way he paints.
Good for all you ladies to do something you want to do while Hubby is away. Mine stays home most of the time now, I don't get much chance to change anything now.
Old 07-27-2010, 06:35 PM

Jingleberry, You need to MAKE time to do some of the things that you enjoy. I have been very busy while hubby was gone, but it wouldn't have stopped me had he been here. If there isn't some "me" time, things can get sticky
Old 07-27-2010, 06:36 PM

Oh, and Jingleberry!!!! We have family outside of St. Louis, too. In New Athens, Il. I am there at least once every year. We'll have to meet next time I am there
Old 07-28-2010, 06:18 PM

Originally Posted by DA Mayer
Have you had fun when your husband was gone. Well mine is fishing for a week, so I decided to paint. I have one coat on the bedroom. Went from pale green to chocolate brown, next I want to do the entry way. I won't take pictures until the second coat is on.
My husband is retired from General Motors but goes to work for the IBEW putting up wind turbines evert summer for the past three years, he hates the winters in Michigan but I refuse to move till my kids can move with me so he goes to Arizona for a few weeks in the winter. Seems to work out just fine for us, by the time he is ready to leave in the summer I am ready for him to leave and when he is ready to leave in the winter I am ready too. We do alot of things together but also enjoy being on our own doing our own thing. Being together 24/7 is highly overrated, my sister and her husband are retired and never go anywhere alone and they wonder why they are at each others throat all the time.
Old 08-01-2010, 01:37 PM

My husband drives a truck and is only home 4 days a month! He never knows what to expect when he gets home! This month I have totally replaced the floor in the house (the plywood) and applied vinyl floor tile. I have also painted the living room a beautiful shade of yellow called buttered bread. Its kinda bright and pale still at the same time!Next project is our bathroom. I am tearing out the cabinets and sink and putting in a pedestal sink. May be a bit of a surprise to him!
Tracy
Old 08-01-2010, 01:49 PM

Hey, have a great time!
My two guys are going to Canada for three days and I am already starting my list of things to do. I'm including time with a close friend, lots of sewing, tv shows that only I like and some good food.