husb gone wife will play

Old 07-14-2010, 07:35 PM

Oh, I am not allowed to paint! I painted a small project when we were first married and that sealed the deal. My husband doesn't paint either, so we hire a Painter.

My husband is often away at meetings and has always worked away on contract work so sewing has been my sanity. Plus I get to do my own thing, "while the cats away the mice can play", like eating what you like and going to bed when you please. I too have always been very independant, have had to be.
Old 07-14-2010, 07:37 PM

Originally Posted by raptureready
My husband used to be an over the road truck driver. I LOVED IT!!! We used to have a very dark living room. You could have 3 100watt bulbs going and it would still suck up everybit of the light. I told him I was going to paint it. He got all bent out of shape, we argued and finally he said, "I said not to paint it. I don't want it painted, promise me you won't paint it." I reluctantly agreed. He left to go trucking. That weekend when he got home the living room had the most beautiful light beige wallpaper.

This is just my personal opinion but I think togetherness is highly overrated. LOL I guess I'm just way too independent.
That was brilliant!

My husband used to go hunting and fishing. Now he stays home and drives me nuts. We all need alone time.
Old 07-14-2010, 07:43 PM
Power Poster

Oh gosh. I was thinking you were going to quilt 24/7 if you wanted to and maybe even in the buff then you said you were painting this is even better. Great surpise for him.
Old 07-14-2010, 09:32 PM

When a friend's husband retired she said she now had twice as much husband and half as much money. ;)
Old 07-14-2010, 09:52 PM

I loved having some time alone when my husband had to go away for a couple of days with his job. I could eat when and what I wanted to and sew as much as I wanted without interruptions. Now he's retired and always there. What do other ladies do? Can't get anything done anymore.
Old 07-14-2010, 11:30 PM

My DH will be gone all next week. I'm planning to go fabric shopping, finish a quilt class, have breakfast for dinner, go chunky-dunkin' in the pool after dark and not sure what else!
Old 07-15-2010, 01:13 AM
Banned

Don't our hubby's just love us! Before I became disabled, and I would have a day off, and I have asked hubby to do something big, like cut the wall out, to make built in shelves. and he would not do it. well on my day off, I would do it. He use to tell me he was going to get me a baby sitter when I had a day off. :lol: God bless. Penny
Old 07-15-2010, 07:01 AM

my DH left yesterday and will be gone 2 weeks. My plan is to sew, sew, sew. It is just DD and myself so I barely have to cook or do housework. I'm so excited!!
Old 07-15-2010, 12:27 PM

My husband is leaving for 2 weeks to go sailing around the San Juan Island in Washington state. At least that is how long he said he'll be away. The last 2 times he has gone he didn't last a week either time. He gets home sick. I get pissed because I had plans. I love him dearly but come on it is only 2 weeks. He hopes to retire in a few years and I'm worried because I'm afraid he will become my shadow.
Old 07-15-2010, 09:19 PM

Too bad you live so far away!!!! We could have helped each other with "Hubby's away" projects. I am redoing the studio, and painting in the living room, hall, and dining room. Lots of construction and destruction going on while he is gone. I am so excited, I can hardly wait.