Husband hobbies

Old 09-30-2010, 07:07 AM

You know how they have the "barn quilts"? Maybe he can build bird houses with a small quilt painted on the side? This could identify all the quilters in your area if he sells them!

Originally Posted by grammyp
How about quilt pattern design, or perhaps building bird houses. I also know around here we have trouble getting someone willing to do small home repairs.
Old 09-30-2010, 07:08 AM
Power Poster

My hubby no longer is in construction yet the whole garge is full with odds and ends tool wise that people gave or he collected over time. It is his man cave. He does all kinds of stuff in there like making small wooden puzzles as gifts and small wooden boxes out of pieces of wood that he got free like firewood and drift wood. We are also both now into collecting vintage sewing machines. He loves the wheeling and dealing and then the fixing up of them. He also fixes used furniture and our house needs maintenance on a regular basis. The sewing machines do take some innitial money but if you can stand to part with some after fixing them then you could easily offset the cost. Sorry to hear about your hardship and loosing the RV. Ours is paid off but we almost sold it last year because of need for money. I hear you.
Old 09-30-2010, 07:10 AM

When I was single, I couldn't find ANYONE to help with the small stuff around the house! Advertise him as your "honey-do-guy" and that you'll hire him out!

Have HIM do the cooking and cleaning this winter so you can sew all you want!!!! :)

Why do you have to BUY coins??? I thought coin collecting meant watching every coin that crossed your palm for "the" one!!??? :?:
Old 09-30-2010, 07:34 AM

Maybe a doll house? I use to have a big one I stored my fq's in, but I think I busted the roof off of it! lol. Well, if nothing else, be glad for football season! My DH lives for golf, and I asked him what he was going to do without it, he just looked down, kinda sad & said he didnt know. Maybe I will teach him how to quilt.
Old 09-30-2010, 12:24 PM

There was a post on craigslist a few days ago about a gentleman who made wood quilts they were amazing maybe this might be fun.
Old 09-30-2010, 01:36 PM

Originally Posted by Woodster
Originally Posted by stitchingmemories
I was going to suggest the small home repairs also. We are trying to find someone reliable and honest to do two bathrooms and some work on our den and let me tell you (as we say down south) "It's slim pickins". Nobody want to work on anything but new home building and they just aren't going to find much of that these days.

I hope you find something for him. (It will make it easier on you too. ;-)
The home repair thing isn't high on his list of priorities! He knows what needs to be done and how, but doesn't like to do it and sometimes does a half-a** job on a project! (He actually calls me Mrs. Fix-it because I do most of the stuff around here!). Must be in my blood - my brother in Northern NJ has a handy-man business and does really well - always busy!
I'm the same way. I fix everything. Hang drywall, mud, sand, paint, do tile, repair window screens, caulk the windows, you name it. If I waited on DH the house would fall down around us! ;)