Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Husbands with old cars??

Does anyone have a husband who loves old cars....Specifically Model T's ??? One must have a hobby as well when he goes to the garage! Love to talk to you about our common ground...Joyce

My husband has a 1953 Ford built on a 1979 Ford Bronco 4 x 4 chassis. He tinkers in the shop on a lot of things not so much cars or trucks. He built cabinets and shelves for my sewing room as well as my cutting table.

1953 Ford
    Name:  Attachment-110018.jpe
Views: 13
Size:  58.1 KB

My husband dreams about old cars. Do that count?

My husband was a lover of old cars I still have his 1965 Chevelle convertable two gas pumps etc all of it is up for sale. Every time the car needs something done I have to find someone to work on it (I finaly found a local garage that loves old cars).

My sweetheart doesn't have a model T exactly, he has a T-bucket, as well as a 63' spilt rear window Corvette, a 95' Corvette, and a 1950 somethng Nomad, the rare one....He needs more 'tinkering ' time.

We have a 72 corvette and a 81 camero

hubby has a 65 corvette sting ray, I have a 67 pontiac firebird 400 convertible (my avatar) and a 57 Metropolitan. We also have 3 more Metropolitans which are for sale.

Son has a 58 pontiac chieftain, 70 buick skylark, 84 oldsmobilie toronado and a "brand new" 58 Metropolitan convertible.

we "like" our old cars.

Blog Entries
    My hubby has a 60 VW Singlecab, 67 VW Fastback (in piece's in the backyard, that was suppose to be for our DD), VW Dune Buggie (not sure of the year). His dream is to get a Model T. And our DS has a VW Thing (again, not sure of the year) that he is restoring into a WWII vehicle, and is also in pieces in my backyard.

The picture of the Singlecab is at a VW Carshow and they had some girls taking pictures with some of the cars. It's all logo'd up with my DH shop.

60 VW Singlecab
    Name:  Attachment-112190.jpe
Views: 11
Size:  65.2 KB

Blog Entries
    My DH has a 71 Covette Stingray..he bought it as a graduation gift to himself in 72. It only has 57,000 original miles on it.
    I always wanted a yellow VW bug. One year for Christmas..there was one sitting in our driveway. Slowly I have been replacing things on it. One day she will be spanking new.

Blog Entries
    Hubby has a 69 red Corvette Stingray, two topper, . It just sits in the garage all the time. He keeps saying he will sell it for the right price, but he doesn't advertise it for sell,, and I don't think he knows what he thinks is the riiht price,LOL Both of us are getting too old, too fat, and too stiff to get in and out of it.LOL

My sweetie husband gave me my "55 Chevy as a birthday gift in 1982. I love it but don't use it enough to keep the battery charged. My 4 sons all want it. Hubby has old motorcycles with sidecars, (I bought one of them for him)now those are fun to toodle around the neighborhood in. We're getting old too, so the sidecars keep us rideing without falling over.

My boyfriend is a mechanic, and he restores them for his boss. His boss has a 1908 Brush and a 1908 Buick, and he just bought a Model T.
    We went to a club meetingfor the Model T's and of course now, BF wants one of his own.

Blog Entries
    My husband has a 71 Nova that he is converting into a drag car. (Of course, he has been doing this for the entire 16 years I've know him!) His mother bought it new, then his sister drove it for years before he got it.

My hubby has a '64 1/2 Mustang fastback and 2 '71 Mustangs.

My DH has a 1979 Olds Cutlass with a T-bar that keeps him busy. I have more sewing time when he is in the garage.

Before we moved to central fl we had at one time 57 corvette stingray,75 monte carloSS, 85 monte carlo SS, 81 elcameno. 65 cnevelle hard top SS, still have the 65 chevelle convertable (had five of then at one time titled and licenced in fl) neighbors wanted to know haw many teens we had DH said your looking at them just him. He was a mechanic all his life some times I think he loved the cars more than me.

Blog Entries
    Goodness, maybe we need to start an "old guys with old cars board" for our hubbies. Nope, then we'd have to share computer time or buy more computers!!LOL

We have a 1973 Pontiac Grandville which was the pace car at Mt. Clemens Speedway when it was around. We also have an enduro car which we race. Boys and their toys!
    Attached Images Attached Images

I'm the old car fan in our family, lol. I have a 1985 Dodge Omni GLH Turbo - my old autocross car, and a 1985 Audi Quattro Coupe that a friend gave me when he moved to California - it had been stripped down for rallying. I also hope to get an Alvis Grey Lady one day.

Banned
    I dont have a hubby but here is my Hot Rod LOL!! Its a 1951 Ford that has every panel altered in some way and this winter I am chopping the top 5 1/2"

Billy

beautiful car seeing cars like yours is great

We have a bright YELLOW 57' Chevy 2dr hardtop, I think he likes to stare at it!! Its his dream car, think if it were up to him he would own every model of Chevy from 1955 to 1964!!
    We did have a 54' 2dr Chevy hardtop we rescued from a field, but gave it to our oldest son, he now has it running and is working on restoring.

Blog Entries
    No old cars...but lots of old John Deere tractors and farm implements. DH pretty much bleeds JD green! :mrgreen:

Billy- I just want to touch that car- the paint job is like glass!

Everyone always compliments me on the paint job on the firebird- it shines!

Blog Entries
    OMG some of the cars on here are beautiful!!! My husband had a 55 chevy when he first got out of school but his ex madehim sell it. lol.. Now he drools over one when he sees one. BUT. we dont have old cars in our garage we have a mini modified race car, and 3 Harleys!!! Outside of our garage is a race trailer , a open trailer, a 1985 chevy dually,the gmc Jimmy and a ford f 150. Oh yeah then there is the company car as well.!!!! Yep a used car lot!!!! I would love for him to sell the race car and buy a 55 chevy but he is not to that point yet. Someday maybe...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast