Husbands sweet duh moment

Old 01-31-2011, 07:38 AM
Power Poster

have your toenails done too!! and anything else they can do. $150.00 worth! nice of him though. even if it wasn't the "perfect" gift. He did try.
Old 01-31-2011, 08:34 AM

Originally Posted by twospoiledhuskies
That is so funny...... I used to work cattle all day on a feedlot and ya (sure) I wanted my nails for that. hee hee.

At least he was trying to do somthing nice for you!!!!!! :-D
If you worked around cows you kind of understand. All I can see Is that old cow with a calf hung and me with pretty long pink nials and her looking at me like NO YOUR NOT
Old 01-31-2011, 08:43 AM

He probably put some thought behind your gift, remember that and think about how you would like one of your quilts to be received by someone who isn't as thrilled about quilts as we are. Go enjoy and "show off" his gift to you, to him, with a smile.
Old 01-31-2011, 08:53 AM

:lol: Just have your toes done Alot! and your hands on Holidays. 8-)
Old 01-31-2011, 11:15 AM

You have a hubby that loves you, and he wants you to be pampered a little. Nails don't have to be long to look pretty, and a pedicure always feels good .I would imagine doing the chores you do would be darn hard on hands, so having them looked after once in awhile would be great. Then for his birthday, go buy him some quilting things!LOL
Old 01-31-2011, 11:47 AM

Originally Posted by roda
I know its sweet and nice that he thought of something but get real. OK I work our ranch usally by myself haying and feeding in the winter,pulling calf as needed and doctoring and casrating and dehorning and I do work on the equipment some to when I have to. When I need help and hubby cannt be there I do have and older gentleman that helps. So here the duh hubby bought me a gift certificate for a nail solon and not just a certificate a 150 dollars worth
I think it was so sweet of your husband to do that. He wants to pamper you in a way that contrasts the hard work you do on the ranch. I would thank him sweetly and go to the salon and pamper myself like nobody's business ! Then when you go home, show him your pretty nails and pedicured feet and maybe he won't even want you to do that work around the ranch and mess up your beautiful nails !
Old 02-01-2011, 06:18 AM

He really thinks you are very feminine! What a dear heart!

Maybe the shop will trade it or a portion of it and you can get fabric.
Old 02-01-2011, 06:27 AM

That was really sweet!! He acknowledges how hard you work and wants to pamper you. I would never get nails put on, but you can get them buffed or whatever - and get your toes done! (I've never had it done myself, so I really don't know what I'm talking about - lol!) Sounds wonderful!
Old 02-01-2011, 06:33 AM

Originally Posted by PatriceJ
to each her own ...

i think it's a fabulous gift. for one thing, it proves that he remembers you're a woman and might like "womanly" things, instead of only practical tools, as a gift.

he knows you deserved to be pampered in a way he can't provide himself.

that amount could provide a few months' worth of salon services, depending on your choices. so it's not a "one shot" gift. it keeps giving for a while.

nothing beats a pedicure for sheer indulgence and relaxatude. :-)
I second this one. I always felt guilty spending money on me. But finally had a pedicure and realized what a wonderful thing it is. You go girl and enjoy. (PS still I have only had it done twice! so difficult to get past the guilt, but working on it!)
Old 02-01-2011, 06:36 AM

Originally Posted by roda
Originally Posted by twospoiledhuskies
That is so funny...... I used to work cattle all day on a feedlot and ya (sure) I wanted my nails for that. hee hee.

At least he was trying to do somthing nice for you!!!!!! :-D
If you worked around cows you kind of understand. All I can see Is that old cow with a calf hung and me with pretty long pink nials and her looking at me like NO YOUR NOT
I have foaled horses, cleaned corrals, etc. You don't have to have long nails for them to look nice. Get a French manicure with your own nails really short. You can trim them as they grow out and they still look great. and no acrylics to come off or get in the way.