Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: I am a nerd

This is a picture of what my DH calls my "command center". Its where I am sitting at this moment while reading the board or chatting with y'all in chat.. yes.. I am a total nerd..lol

Lisa

Lisa's command center.
    Name:  Attachment-38621.jpe
Views: 17
Size:  47.3 KB

Wow, looks like a great station for multi-tasking. Wish I could at least have a 2nd computer withing reach so I could multi-task too!!

You said it first!!! he he he

I have learned to completely embrace my nerdiness...lol

I have a hard enough time staying on task for ONE thing. I think it is called focus! :?

Blog Entries
    I am about to short out my computer from drooling all over my keyboard :shock: :shock: :shock:
    I'm in total monitor envy mode :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
    You GO Girl 8) 8) 8)

Hmmmm I do have a spare monitor in the closet.....wonder how much I would have to bribe dear brother the computer wizard to help me set that up, too????? :lol: :lol: :lol:

Blog Entries
    Holy Crapola!!!! I just noticed you have 3 keyboards, too???? I will never be able to rise to your level of nerdiness, your title of QUEEN nerd shall remain untouched by my unworthiness..... :oops: :oops: :oops:

I promise to take pictures daily. I will even get DH to take a picture with me actually in it. I cant guarantee it will be pretty. I turn into a mess monster when I paint...lol
    We have to go to a Friends birthday BBQ tomorrow, I don't wanna go because it will take away from my painting time. But I am taking some blocks I am hand piecing so I will be happy with that.

I have enough trouble trying to figure out one computer! May get a lap top for a 2nd computer some time.

:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: Holy Toledo, Batman, I have found the mother load!!! I love it! My son's apt. looks like that, he builds them hmself! Wait until I tell him what I want now!! :wink:

Quote Originally Posted by amma
    Holy Crapola!!!! I just noticed you have 3 keyboards, too???? I will never be able to rise to your level of nerdiness, your title of QUEEN nerd shall remain untouched by my unworthiness..... :oops: :oops: :oops:
    Looks like there's a lap top to the right, too? Your set up would make my husband very, very jealous! I can't imagine being able to keep track of everything that's going on. Wow.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Ninnie
    :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: Holy Toledo, Batman, I have found the mother load!!! I love it! My son's apt. looks like that, he builds them hmself! Wait until I tell him what I want now!! :wink:
    3 computers....3 X the smilies

lol, yall are funny. I am, or was a Network Engineer by career (until I was laid off 5 months ago) Still looking for the new Nerd position. I do a few side jobs and test software on different OS platforms, hence the multiple machines. they are all running different OS.s. Hey we are quiltings multi-tasking is in our blood!!

My birthday is in July and I did ask DH for another monitor to replace the one with the silver trim.. A BIGGER one, 24 inches..

Nerd power!!!

GIrl you need a KVM!!!

That set-up is awesome :thumbup:
    I bow to the goddess of nerdiness!!
    (btw, go to: http://www.be-a-god.com/ and you can get a certificate that proves it!)

Now that is a setup that we need for "Mare Stare"!!!!!
    One for the stall. one for the forum, and one for Smileys!!!!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by QuiltyLisa
    lol, yall are funny. I am, or was a Network Engineer by career (until I was laid off 5 months ago) Still looking for the new Nerd position. I do a few side jobs and test software on different OS platforms, hence the multiple machines. they are all running different OS.s. Hey we are quiltings multi-tasking is in our blood!!

My birthday is in July and I did ask DH for another monitor to replace the one with the silver trim.. A BIGGER one, 24 inches..

Nerd power!!!
    ONLY 24 inches???....clear off the desk top a wee bit more....and GO BIGGER!!!! It doesn't hurt to ask anyway :D 8) :D 8) A circular series of monitors...all in one piece....across the whole desk top :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

My brother gives me lessons on/about the computer...I am getting closer to geekdom!!! My son has his computer hooked up to his widescreen tv...picture in picture...ahhhh....I am drooling again.....

Kwhite-I had a KVM but got tired of flipping the switch... this way its easier and more fun.. and I get more toys!!!

xyzquilts..hehe, I got to be a certified nerd!! I showed Dh and he said.. "yup, yer certified thats for sure".. hmm, I think he was not being nice.

Lisa, tell your hubby it's not so bad, really. You should have seen the look on my DH's face when, 2 days after getting his big screen Hi-Def TV - I hooked a computer up to it :twisted: He felt better after I showed him we could watch Netflix movies that way :lol:

Quote Originally Posted by QuiltyLisa
    Kwhite-I had a KVM but got tired of flipping the switch... this way its easier and more fun.. and I get more toys!!!

xyzquilts..hehe, I got to be a certified nerd!! I showed Dh and he said.. "yup, yer certified thats for sure".. hmm, I think he was not being nice.
    The KVM's I have seen use keystrokes to change computers.

I need that for Mare Stare!

Blog Entries
    At work we have two screens but one computer - well, we're on a network so have multiple servers- but the two screens work like one large one so you can have multiple programs running and files open. Kind of fun how the cursor jumps from one screen to the next.

I find when I set my laptop up and work on it with my computer I will forget which keyboard to use when I want to type something in, then have that frustration flash when there's no response where I'm looking :twisted:

Blog Entries
    Wow!!!! I have a hard time with one PC And one wireless printer that keeps going off line.

Maple Grove, MN (by way of GA, NC, PA, NC, AL!)
    i am in awe of your nerdiness....LOVE IT!

Blog Entries
    :shock: :shock: And my DH calls me a nerd......little does he know!!! I'm not only envious of your set up....but that you actually know what you are doing with them!!!! :shock:

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast